Cops episode just illustrated alot of what's wrong with policing in the US

kahiljabroni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not very scientific I know but a great example none the less.

There was an old episode on spike...I turned it on to see 2 police cars in pursuit of a gray corvette. They put on their lights and sirens and the vette continued for a mile then pulled over... the sole occupant had his hands up visibly through the t-tops.

Both cops are standing guns drawn and directing the guy to keep his hands up and walk back to them...He was complying but facing them. They tell him to turn around again and when he does one cop does a jumping headlock, driving his face into the ground. Mind you the guy was obviously intoxicated but not the least bit aggressive. He was wearing a tank top and shorts so it was clear he wasn't armed.

They both pounce on him and cuff him then stand him up and his mouth is all busted up and he's confused. At this point the cops are grilling him and the guy is answering everything with "yes sir".
The guy spits some blood out on the ground... cop screams "YOU ASK PERMISSION IF YOU WANNA SPIT YOU GOT ME!!!!"

Then it cuts to the end of the arrest. The cock sucking cop asks in a snark tone. ..."hey is that vette paid off pal?"
"Yes it's paid off"guy answers.
"Well thanks you just donated it to our department".

It was pretty disgusting to watch. The takedown was totally unnecessary and excessive. Didn't take the suspects health into consideration at all.

Second... the cops interrogating him while he was under obvious duress and I believe not read his rights.

Third the way the cops talked to a guy that was being totally compliant and polite. They took his crimes personal and got belligerent. Demonstrated their attitude that they are the over lords when in reality they are supposed to protect and serve.

And worst of all the gloating about the most unconstitutional and corrupt law of all, asset forfeiture.

And for the record I'm not a cop hater but I have a serious problem with the way policing has evolved.

How fast was he going when the cops were chasing him?

Bad boys, whatchu think they gonna' do when d'ay come 4 u?

Come on man, the theme song pretty much defines the prick nature of the shit cop mantra.

That show has been around for decades.

What’s the air date for that episode to put it in its proper context.

That could be a pre-Rodney taping for all we know. Lol

Not very scientific I know but a great example none the less.

There was an old episode on spike...I turned it on to see 2 police cars in pursuit of a gray corvette. They put on their lights and sirens and the vette continued for a mile then pulled over... the sole occupant had his hands up visibly through the t-tops.

Both cops are standing guns drawn and directing the guy to keep his hands up and walk back to them...He was complying but facing them. They tell him to turn around again and when he does one cop does a jumping headlock, driving his face into the ground. Mind you the guy was obviously intoxicated but not the least bit aggressive. He was wearing a tank top and shorts so it was clear he wasn't armed.

They both pounce on him and cuff him then stand him up and his mouth is all busted up and he's confused. At this point the cops are grilling him and the guy is answering everything with "yes sir".
The guy spits some blood out on the ground... cop screams "YOU ASK PERMISSION IF YOU WANNA SPIT YOU GOT ME!!!!"

Then it cuts to the end of the arrest. The cock sucking cop asks in a snark tone. ..."hey is that vette paid off pal?"
"Yes it's paid off"guy answers.
"Well thanks you just donated it to our department".

It was pretty disgusting to watch. The takedown was totally unnecessary and excessive. Didn't take the suspects health into consideration at all.

Second... the cops interrogating him while he was under obvious duress and I believe not read his rights.

Third the way the cops talked to a guy that was being totally compliant and polite. They took his crimes personal and got belligerent. Demonstrated their attitude that they are the over lords when in reality they are supposed to protect and serve.

And worst of all the gloating about the most unconstitutional and corrupt law of all, asset forfeiture.

And for the record I'm not a cop hater but I have a serious problem with the way policing has evolved.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. The problem is very transparent. The cause in my opinion is likely PTSD from mainly perceived dangers. Continuous long term stress screws people up.

It was a regular speed chase that lasted one mile according to the cop.

Episode was from 89. They do the same shit today though.

I remember an episode once they threw a cross dressing man onto the ground like he killed the presidents children.

i think he was soliciting prostituion but the need for that type of aggression was no called for

‘89? Sheeeeeit, son.

Do you have any idea how much has gone down since then? Lol

That was back when we only had two genders: men and bitches.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. The problem is very transparent. The cause in my opinion is likely PTSD from mainly perceived dangers. Continuous long term stress screws people up.

I think cops have an "us versus them" mentality.

They know the laws are on their side and their Union is bullet proof.

They also don't seem to have the attitude that they are there to keep the peace and protect people. It's all about "proactive policing" which is code for going out and drumming up business.

Most of what they do involves victimless crimes. Busting consenting adults for ingesting drugs or paying for pussy. They rarely ever are there to stop someone from being victimized. And anyone who's ever been victimized and had to call the cops know how useless they are.

‘89? Sheeeeeit, son.

Do you have any idea how much has gone down since then? Lol

That was back when we only had two genders: men and bitches.

Don't get me confused for someone that sympathizes with BLM. Most of the sensationalized shootings I think were justified. Trayvon martin...Michael brown.

Now the big fat guy that got choked out for selling loosies was murdered imo and the cop should be in prison.

Hope somebody links the scene.

no, they are not. 1989?? you are obviously speaking out of your ass. a lot of shit changed since Rodney King's incident in the early 90s, especially police's use of force.

My dad was in LAPD from 1979-2000 and i've been a cop since 2007. He said a lot of shit he did back in those days were acceptable, but nowadays that same shit would get me prosecuted & fired

I remember an episode once they threw a cross dressing man onto the ground like he killed the presidents children.

i think he was soliciting prostituion but the need for that type of aggression was no called for

#dragthedragqueen

no, they are not. 1989?? you are obviously speaking out of your ass. a lot of shit changed since Rodney King's incident in the early 90s, especially police's use of force.

My dad was in LAPD from 1979-2000 and i've been a cop since 2007. He said a lot of shit he did back in those days were acceptable, but nowadays that same shit would get me prosecuted & fired

What exactly don't they do anymore? Tackle suspects? Seize property?

1989 was basically the Wild West compared to now. As long a second you didn't inadvertently shoot a bunch of kids during the arrest, you were pretty much in the clear.

The Rodney King tape changed that (for the better) but you're right, we still have issues.

Don't get me confused for someone that sympathizes with BLM. Most of the sensationalized shootings I think were justified. Trayvon martin...Michael brown.

Now the big fat guy that got choked out for selling loosies was murdered imo and the cop should be in prison.
Trayvon Martin deserved to be followed by a random citizen and shot for walking down the street?

Back