Crime Cops shoot and kill man during "red flag" gun removal order

Is that what he thought?

I don't know what he thought lol, but I know local examples of guys dressing up as maintenance people who hog tied an old woman then took her things out of her house in a well to do neighborhood.

I've also known guys to dress up as officers and pull people over to rob them.

A rapper local to the city even put it in one of his songs, it's not uncommon.

I'd just be careful in any case.

A rapper local to the city even put it in one of his songs, it's not uncommon.

k3P.gif

Even though this thread deals with individual gun rights in particular circumstances (circumstances which we're not told), I'll post this anyway to see the response from anti-2nd-Amendment people...

here-is-a-chart-of-american-gun-ownership-and-american-28110617.png

So "number of privately-owned firearms" means that more people in general (households) own guns, or that an extremely small minority of gun owners are stockpiling more weapons?

If it's true that about 3% of the population owns 50% of all firearms in America, then your graph is not only misleading, but dishonest.

And no, you don't have to be an "anti-2nd-amendment person" to recognize deceptive propaganda.

So he had a restraining order against him, was deemed too damgerous to have guns, and then attacked police. Seems pretty legit, and I dont like police.

The law could be interpreted broadly enough that a lot of people with no compunction to commit violence could be abused.

Sure, but if we let perfect get in the way of good nothing will ever get done on anything. Imagine if we decided to pass no laws restricting free speech to restrict slander, menacing, or appropriately restricted speech for fear that the laws could be too widely interpreted.

Sure, but if we let perfect get in the way of good nothing will ever get done on anything. Imagine if we decided to pass no laws restricting free speech to restrict slander, menacing, or appropriately restricted speech for fear that the laws could be too widely interpreted.
Well imagine if we said 'hate speech' was not covered under Free Speech rights, how much abuse do you think that would bring about. Western Europe already has these 'hate speech' laws, which by their nature are broad.

Lol ok. I live in a city where the local rap is true to life. He has caught a lot of slack for name dropping, and telling too much on his songs.

If you don't like that reference, then you can research the circumstances surrounding the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Lol ok. I live in a city where the local rap is true to life. He has caught a lot of slack for name dropping, and telling too much on his songs.

If you don't like that reference, then you can research the circumstances surrounding the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
I'm sure it happens and it's not a bad tactic, but I don't think it should really factor into this conversation. It's worth noting though.

I first read your name as "fatguyopenmind"...please request this change. Most fat people are really difficult to persuade. It will start a positive trend. Do it.

I'm sure it happens and it's not a bad tactic, but I don't think it should really factor into this conversation. It's worth noting though.

I first read your name as "fatguyopenmind"...please request this change. Most fat people are really difficult to persuade. It will start a positive trend. Do it.

Lol hey, next time you have a guy randomly showing up saying he is a cop, and you haven't done anything wrong you may just remember this conversation as you open the door without any means to defend yourself.

People prey on the naïve nature of the everyday man, and their automatic and often blind compliance with authority. That is why we have abuse of rights happening all the time. That is why criminals dress up as cops.

I was merely replying to your assertion that anyone who opens their door for the cops is in the wrong for having their gun on them on their property.

I'm not fat so I can't take you up on your suggestion. lol

Such orders are ripe for abuse. People - including family members - with an axe to grind can just sick the police on a person they don't like.

Seriously. Both sides are guilty of authorizing the police state.

If some asshole woke me up by banging loudly on my doors/windows at 5am I would probably grab a gun before I went to check the noise. Seems like a perfect occasion for it actually.

The cops barged in on a law-abiding citizen and killed him in his own home. To cops, life is cheap, as long as it isn't their own. And I can say with near certainty that the cop lives were never seriously at risk in this situation.

I would love to see body-cam footage of the events leading up to the killing, as well as to know why the victim was "red-flagged" in the first place.

Last edited:
Such orders are ripe for abuse. People - including family members - with an axe to grind can just sick the police on a person they don't like.
True, but at the same time, it seems like once in a while, some nutcase keeps going on about how he's going to make everyone pay, etc then shoots up a school, or a church, or a synagogue. And everyone saw it coming. And the FBI and local authorities had been warned.

I don't know what kind of protections can be out in place or how to make this work. But I think we all really hate hearing about known wolves.

Looks like the 'red flags' were legit. Who the fuck answers the police at their door with a gun?

To defend this item, the cops showed up at 515am

Someone wakes you up pounding on your door in the the dead if night, grabbing a firearm as a precaution isn't out of the question

True, but at the same time, it seems like once in a while, some nutcase keeps going on about how he's going to make everyone pay, etc then shoots up a school, or a church, or a synagogue. And everyone saw it coming. And the FBI and local authorities had been warned.

I don't know what kind of protections can be out in place or how to make this work. But I think we all really hate hearing about known wolves.
Yeah , but... is it right to infringe on the many because a few people pose a threat? I am pro 2nd amendment because I do not think it is fair to punish society for the actions of a handful of psychopaths.

Remember what Philando Castille's mother said..

"When they are done with us, they are going to come for you."

This is the type of call that officers get and then groan. No officer wants to serve an order that removes firearms from anyone for two reasons: 1 is that most officers are ardent supporters of the 2A and 2, if someone has an order to remove firearms, it has the potential to be a dangerous call. It’s that simple.

I have mixed feelings about these types of orders. If someone gets a domestic violence petition served on them, we have to seize any firearms. I, personally, have never had an issue with anyone when serving such an order, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. I would hope that any order to remove someone’s firearms is not taken lightly, but that is above my pay grade. And if that order is signed, there is obviously some cause for alarm, and with all of the mass shootings, no judge or magistrate is going to take such concerns lightly.

This is the type of call that officers get and then groan. No officer wants to serve an order that removes firearms from anyone for two reasons: 1 is that most officers are ardent supporters of the 2A and 2, if someone has an order to remove firearms, it has the potential to be a dangerous call. It’s that simple.

I have mixed feelings about these types of orders. If someone gets a domestic violence petition served on them, we have to seize any firearms. I, personally, have never had an issue with anyone when serving such an order, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. I would hope that any order to remove someone’s firearms is not taken lightly, but that is above my pay grade. And if that order is signed, there is obviously some cause for alarm, and with all of the mass shootings, no judge or magistrate is going to take such concerns lightly.

I hate to say it but the fact that it is dangerous is the reason why it must be done.

Is that what he thought?
At 5am maybe he wasn’t thinking too clearly. If it was dark and someone banged on my door at weird hours I may react a bit differently than if the same folks arrived in broad daylight.

Even though this thread deals with individual gun rights in particular circumstances (circumstances which we're not told), I'll post this anyway to see the response from anti-2nd-Amendment people...

here-is-a-chart-of-american-gun-ownership-and-american-28110617.png
That’s a very weird chart.

Yeah , but... is it right to infringe on the many because a few people pose a threat? I am pro 2nd amendment because I do not think it is fair to punish society for the actions of a handful of psychopaths.
I think you are correct, but it irks to see a problem so obvious sometimes but so hard to fix.

Back