Cormier should win but...

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
It seems like a lock on paper.

But he does have a few X factors going against him that I can’t help but ponder.

• Father Time. He’s officially old as fuck. When is that going to catch up with him?
  • Coming off first KO loss. He was out cold. Has his chin recovered? If Ozdemir connects will that bring back flashbacks?
  • Is there any difference in the psychology of a Cormier who now knows he’s not the best in the world. He lost to the same guy twice, the second time.. worse than the first. Will that take some confidence from him? How big of an impact is confidence on his psyche?
Thoughts my fellow speculators?

For the record.. I thought Ozdemir was Russian until the countdown show. I kept saying

“well he has the Russian thing going. He may have great wrestling.”

But then I found out that fucker was Swiss. WTF

As you say his age and the KO does add a slight ? to him now. We won't know for sure until we see him move and take a punch again. But really he outclasses Volkan utterly and should dominate him easily. I'd be very surprised at anything other than an easy win for Cormier.

I think we will see cormier age over night very soon similar to anderson and many others

Volkan by KO is a very realistic outcome

I really dont see anything special about Volkan.

Even if DC has fallen off a bit he shoild dominate him imo.

volkan.gif

This might be the fight every body thought DC vs Johnson was going to be since Volkan is basically white rumble

Volkan punching power in the clinch is uncomparable to any other fighter...no one generates short range power like that besides stipe

...and the clinch is cormiers chicken and cake...

Once we see where no times TDD is, I think we'll know alot more about where the fight is going

Last edited:
I would bet on Volkan online, if I knew how to lol

This is the third time Volkans team has prepared to fight DC, thats a pretty significant x factor too if you ask me

Don't over think this one

You just bet DC ITD

Don't go any further

Volkan is a bum

What do you mean “old as fuck”?

DC is still a young lad as far as some of us are concerned.

I think we will see cormier age over night very soon similar to anderson and many others
Volkan by KO is a very realistic outcome

It's mostly a mental thing. You lose your sharpness / bite, become more mellow / settled. That doesn't seem to have happened to Cormier at all. Fucker seems angrier than ever.

It seems like a lock on paper.

But he does have a few X factors going against him that I can’t help but ponder.

• Father Time. He’s officially old as fuck. When is that going to catch up with him?
  • Coming off first KO loss. He was out cold. Has his chin recovered? If Ozdemir connects will that bring back flashbacks?
  • Is there any difference in the psychology of a Cormier who now knows he’s not the best in the world. He lost to the same guy twice, the second time.. worse than the first. Will that take some confidence from him? How big of an impact is confidence on his psyche?
Thoughts my fellow speculators?

For the record.. I thought Ozdemir was Russian until the countdown show. I kept saying

“well he has the Russian thing going. He may have great wrestling.”

But then I found out that fucker was Swiss. WTF

There goes the credibility

Back