Elections New Jersey Democratic Senator Cory "Spartacus" Booker Launches 2020 Presidential Bid

I'm not a fan. If I could go back I would probably vote for Obama again, but I don't think I could vote for Booker. He's not that smart, thinks only in politicalese, and doesn't have that oz. of realness that made Barack Hussein Obama palatable. Bookers political style is hack. Just hack.

you would vote for Obama despite the fact that the very stuff you preach against like your post about the phobia towards whties is empowered by someone like obama?

You don't understand the weather on the other side of aisle right now.
It could be Katrina level, you are not going to let trump a 2nd.

Corry gets the minorities who will vote for a poc but not a woman and you probably keep the white people you swayed from Romney

Harris would be suicide

You guys are missing his huge ace in the hole. He's gay. No joke.

Dream LOL Candidates:
  • Cory Booker
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Elizabeth Ocasion-Cortez
  • Kumala Harris
  • Bernie Sanders
Nightmare Candidates
  • Jeb Bush
  • Michael Avenatti

you would vote for Obama despite the fact that the very stuff you preach against like your post about the phobia towards whties is empowered by someone like obama?

He wasn't the problem. The media forced it on everybody. He tried to be everybodies president, and at CURRENT he is more center than his party. The rainbow white house would give me pause, but McCain and Palin was a fkn joke, and Romney was establishment establishment.

He shouldn't consider the presidency? I think every politician should responsibly weigh the possibility of running for President. It's not something that should be done willy nilly. And given the costs associated with a Presidential campaign, it's a decision best made early, in order to capitalize on fundraising opportunities.

Whether or not he should run, well that's going to require a deeper analysis than anyone here is going to provide. I don't know a lot about him outside of the occasional headline.

He seems phony to me. I'm not sure what it is, but it always seems like he's putting on an act.
Maybe because he legit put on an act about being Spartacus? He's a clown who wouldn't make it past the democratic primaries.

Maybe because he legit put on an act about being Spartacus? He's a clown who wouldn't make it past the democratic primaries.
Seano, goddammit, don’t make me agree with you.

that's a guaranteed loss for them if he somehow wins the nod

Why?

Booker is probably the most talented and polished candidate the Democratic Party has. He's no Barack Obama, but no one is. Booker has been prepping his name and resume for a presidential run since he came out of the country's top law school.

He's smart, he's careful, he's excellent at pandering, he's a good speaker, he'll be a very capable fundraiser, his pedigree is excellent (Stanford, Yale Law), his experience is excellent (Newark Mayor, US Senator), and he has no skeletons.

Even his worst feature - his cheese factor - will be minimized by Trump's much, much larger doofus factor.

Harris would be suicide

This.

Harris is the worst case scenario candidate imo.

Booker is probably the most talented and polished candidate the Democratic Party has

<Prem973>

Booker has no chance to be the Democratic nominee in 2020. He will fall behind in the delegate count and drop out quickly, probably within 3.5 months.

Harris is the worst case scenario candidate imo.

No, that would be Michael Avenatti.

<Prem973>

Booker has no chance to be the Democratic nominee in 2020. He will fall behind in the delegate count and drop out quickly, probably within 3.5 months.

You didn't address what I said. I agree that he is unlikely to win (although "no chance" is absolutely idiotic), but he is the most polished candidate by far.

If Bernie Sanders doesn't run, Booker immediately becomes the betting favorite.

What is your alternative analysis?

No, that would be Michael Avenatti.

Hey, for all I know the guy's policy positions are stellar.

And it would be hilarious.

I do not like Booker. Kamala Harris on the other hand is frightening and might be what the dems need.

You didn't address what I said

That's because you might as well have said that up is down and that cats are dogs.

Booker is inarticulate, unpolished, and very unlikable. The only recent candidate I can think of who might be less likeable is Ted Cruz. Even Hillary Clinton has Booker beaten in the likeability department. He's a mediocre speaker. You say he's "excellent at pandering". I perceive that to be a liability rather than an asset in this age.

"no chance" is absolutely idiotic

He has no chance. Michael Avenatti would give him a tough battle, let alone the other 55 Democrats who will be running.

If Bernie Sanders doesn't run, Booker immediately becomes the betting favorite.

giphy.gif

Warren, Bloomberg, Harris, O'Malley, Biden, Gillibrand would all be heavy favorites over him. Even the worst of the worst (Inslee, Avenatti) would be competitive against Booker.

That's because you might as well have said that up is down and that cats are dogs.

Booker is inarticulate, unpolished, and very unlikable. The only recent candidate I can think of who might be less likeable is Ted Cruz. Even Hillary Clinton has Booker beaten in the likeability department. He's a mediocre speaker. You say he's "excellent at pandering". I perceive that to be a liability rather than an asset in this age.

He has no chance. Michael Avenatti would give him a tough battle, let alone the other 55 Democrats who will be running.

giphy.gif

Warren, Bloomberg, Harris, O'Malley, Biden, Gillibrand would all be heavy favorites over him. Even the worst of the worst (Inslee, Avenatti) would be competitive against Booker.

I have no idea how you are getting your conclusions. I agree about Biden and Warren, but I'm fairly sure that Warren will not run and I always forget about Biden. Of the rest, only Harris has better odds than Booker (since you're a betting guy). Gillibrand, O'Malley, and Bloomberg aren't even close. And re Harris, Booker has more institutional support, more policy knowledge, more experience, better fundraising connections, and better speaking ability than she does. Harris would realistically need an endorsement from the Sanders wing to beat Booker.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree re Booker's talents as a politician. But he's been getting groomed for this for years. The 2012 DNC speech was supposed to be his launch point toward being Obama's heir.

Back