Cost

mantis_fist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Gentlemen, how much do you pay for BJJ & Muay Thai monthly? If it's only one of these, how much is that?

If you're asking why, I'm just curious since my gym almost doubled the fees...

For some reason this is a weird topic here. Specific gyms don't get talked about much. I pay 145 unlimited. That's on the lower side I believe. Depends on whos gym you're going to. The super famous ones are like 200 plus.

I pay well over 200. The instruction is good, it's very close to where I live, and a lot of classes are offered. It's still too much money, though, IMO.

$120 for access to m-f day and night classes. And Saturday and Sunday morning classes

I've been lucky. I trained for free for a few years at one gym. My current gym had a black Friday deal for 2 years for $800=$33 per month

800$ for a year (canadian$) for the BJJ gym, pretty much the cheapest martial arts gym for adults in my area. You have the Muay Thai classes, MMA classes, open mats and about 10 hours a week of BJJ classes.

Plus it's located in a huge gym that we have access to.

I used to pay 1200$ a year for kickboxing classes

I pay $125 unlimited, monthly. But my gym now charges $150/$159 unlimited. This includes BJJ and MT.

Damn, ive never seen it that cheap at a good school. Out here around the LA area you will never come close.

Overpriced!!

It includes classes five days a week, black belt instructor and small class sizes. Downside for me is I drive 70 miles through corn fields to get there. But it balances out in the 1 on 1 time I get with the instructor due to small classes. Sometimes on a nice Saturday in the spring you might just end up getting a private lesson for free when everyone else is out doing other things instead of showing up to class.

It includes classes five days a week, black belt instructor and small class sizes. Downside for me is I drive 70 miles through corn fields to get there. But it balances out in the 1 on 1 time I get with the instructor due to small classes. Sometimes on a nice Saturday in the spring you might just end up getting a private lesson for free when everyone else is out doing other things instead of showing up to class.

Maybe someone needs to take care of those corn fields.

Do you end up always rolling with 2-3 same guys all the time

I used to roll at my MMA gym and we were like 2-3 guys max at every grappling class, the theory part was amazing but the rolling part was always with the same guys.

I like it better where I'm now, in a week I roll with about 10-15 different guys that are around my level. It's cool to have variety and there's a bigger element of suprise that way.

Maybe someone needs to take care of those corn fields.

Do you end up always rolling with 2-3 same guys all the time

I used to roll at my MMA gym and we were like 2-3 guys max at every grappling class, the theory part was amazing but the rolling part was always with the same guys.

I like it better where I'm now, in a week I roll with about 10-15 different guys that are around my level. It's cool to have variety and there's a bigger element of suprise that way.

Good points. At the academy, per week I roll with 4-5 different people regularly from white, blue, purple and black. Another black belt will drop in every so often from a few towns over and sometimes his guys come (and vice versa).

Now I do drop in at my old club that I left to go to my current academy and will roll with another handful of guys there. But I get what you are saying regarding just my current school, especially for my training partners there are might not be as big of fanatics as me and willing to go all over God's green earth lol

All comes down to where you live, and where you train.

New York, LA, San Diego? going to be around $200

World champion black belt? $$$

In the midwest, I'd say the average is $85 - $125 depending on how many classes, if you want other programs, etc.

I pay 175 for unlimited BJJ and Muay Thai in Orange County. Im pretty sure it's even more now, but I've been grandfathered into that rate.

For a year or for a month???

If it"s for a month, I hope it's more than just normal classes and open mats

@Brofessor 's coach to him when signing the contract -

giphy.gif

Judo - around $145 a month for unlimited classes a month (6/7 days have classes, with more than one session per day)
Wrestling - it worked out at around $90 a month, so it is pretty good.

Got lucky early in my martial arts journey and received top notch instruction from a local coach that had students fight in the UFC/bellator/WSOF. Paid for about the first 1.5 years I was there until I proved myself an asset to the school, at that point I was just expected to take training/fighting serious and support the other fighters through sparring, cornering, instructing classes when the main coaches were not available, etc.

Average price around my area is 100-180$ which I think is pretty steep. The gym I work for now only charges $75 a month, but we aren't offering morning classes yet.

Back