Cotto Returns on Aug 26 on HBO

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know the Real boxing fans will be watching these and this can be the thread for it. Cotto being back with Roach should make him a more offense and this looks like it will be a real barnbunner. I cant wait to see it. It will be on HBO and should pull huge number from the Real fans.

cotto-vs-kamegai-tickets-3-530x317.jpg

Anyone think Kam can pull off the upset. I think this fight will bring out the best in Cotto and force Cotto to go to the well more than he will want to but its deep enough to ge5 him the win in a FOTY.

Putting Work in

and there talk that Roach wants winner of Saul/GGG next and think Cotto has the skills to beat GGG. So I hope Cotto looks good and gets that fight next

Cotto should win but I guess there's always the chance he could get old(er) overnight. Looking forward to it, Cotto's style is great to watch.

I hope Cotto doesn't get the winner of Canelo/GGG though. There's no reason to think another fight with Canelo would go any better for him, and GGG will hunt him down and batter and stop him at some point imo. He shouldn't fight at 160.

This the fight everybody will be watching......lol

Cotto should win but I guess there's always the chance he could get old(er) overnight. Looking forward to it, Cotto's style is great to watch.

I hope Cotto doesn't get the winner of Canelo/GGG though. There's no reason to think another fight with Canelo would go any better for him, and GGG will hunt him down and batter and stop him at some point imo. He shouldn't fight at 160.

Yeah. Saul and GGG beat him. But I think Style wise, GGG vs Cotto could be a great fight. GGG allows time inbetween him picking his shot that Cotto could get off some body shots and hurt GGG. But GGG size and power is too much for Cotto to overcome IRL.

IF this isnt Cotto's last fight. who else is out there that can get him a big payday. No one at 154, Brook might be done. Khan maybe? That could be a sellable fight at 154. hmm.

Fucking bums me out that Cotto is near the end of the rope.

He should toss this cat a beat down though. Then hopefully whoops Lemi or Charlo's ass to ride off into the sunset.

Cotto should win this. It'll be fun but Kamegai is there to hit. If Cotto's stamina can hold up and he can control thr pace with his jab and lateral movement, then he gets the job done. I watched the media workout and noticed that he is working those step around drills more than in some of his previous fights. I never put too much stock in what you can take away from the media workouts since the camps are probably smart enough to lock down their strategy, but I bet that's something we'll see on August 26th.

Damn, it's kinda sad seeing his career wind down; He is one of my favorites from this generation. I dug he swag, dude carries himself like an old school bad A..Also it sort of pisses me off he is being denied a payday because of this farce everybody fixated on, I'da bought his PPV.

Damn, it's kinda sad seeing his career wind down; He is one of my favorites from this generation. I dug he swag, dude carries himself like an old school bad A..Also it sort of pisses me off he is being denied a payday because of this farce everybody fixated on, I'da bought his PPV.

All our boxing heroes are riding off into the sunset.

I like this new Kamegai....he has learn to fight long. Cotto has the superior skill but if Kam can keep his distance and fight long, he can get the upset.

Really hope he doesnt fight the winner of GGG/Canelo. He doesnt need to go out by taking a massive beating

Fucking bums me out that Cotto is near the end of the rope.

He should toss this cat a beat down though. Then hopefully whoops Lemi or Charlo's ass to ride off into the sunset.

I'm a huge Cotto fan and he's given all a fighter has to give, so I'd love to see him do a fairwell tour just knocking out cab drivers coast to coast (then I might be able to see him before he retires).

Bully for him if he still wants to go for big fights though.

Won't "real" boxing fans be watching a boxer out boxing a nonboxer in a boxing match that evening?

Won't "real" boxing fans be watching a boxer out boxing a nonboxer in a boxing match that evening?
Shit, I hadn't realised that we had gone back in time to the invention of the television and we can't record one card while watching another. My phone still works though, weird.

Shit, I hadn't realised that we had gone back in time to the invention of the television and we can't record one card while watching another. My phone still works though, weird.

That technology exists?

I use a box antenna I bought at Home Depot for 12 bucks.

Would love to see him put another well-deserved beating on Margarito before retiring.

Back