Could Rico Verhoeven competitively challenge for World Heavyweight BOXING title?

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
With his size and skills and the fact that he trains with elite boxers is he at the level to defeat a top 10 boxer or even Deontay Wilder, Joseph Parker or Anthony Joshua right now?

With his size and skills and the fact that he trains with elite boxers is he at the level to defeat a top 10 boxer or even Deontay Wilder, Joseph Parker or Anthony Joshua right now?

Definitely not a boxer like Anthony Joshua. Could he get to the top10? Maybe if he builds up a record first, but there's no way he's beating the best HW boxers at their own game right now.

The talent pool in the hw division is not very high so I think if Rico takes it seriously and finds a good team he could be a contender.

He is a sparring partner of Tyson Fury. I have no doubt he could win a paper belt off a guy like Manuel Charr. He would get rekt by Joshua though.

no.even someone like former kickbboxer big baby jerral miller would knock his head off right now

No.. His boxing is not on par with these guys and he lacks punching power

What about him and Dillian Whyte in a kickboxing match?!

He is quite stiff and slow imo

he could do well if he translated to boxing now because he is very talented and is only 29(he is 28 but going to be 29 in april so...)

I dont think his boxing is that high level. As an mma fan I'd rather him try that than boxing.

He has a great fighting IQ, and sparred with high level boxers ever since.

Him sparring Fury doesn't really mean anything. Generally speaking, high level boxers will work with lots of people who aren't really anywhere near their level.

For example, Dashon Johnson was one of Manny Pacquiao's sparring partners before the Mayweather fight.

He is marketable skilled and talented. . . .At the very least he could quickly get to a title shot without earning his way through the ranks based on his experience as a kickboxer and popularity (which translates to money and thats what the business is all about)

Is the HW division in Boxing stacked currently? I admittedly don't follow it closely so I can't really speak on the topic, but I did recently watch the Wilder fight and while I was impressed with his power, he can certainly put Rico to sleep, I wasn't incredibly impressed with his technique. Joshua would smoke Rico IMO. Would be neat to see if he can be as the topic states "competitive" though.

I think so. Lucas Browne is fighting for a belt and he fucking sucks. Could Verhoeven have a competitive fight with anyone in top 5 like Joshua, Wilder, Parker, Fury or Ortiz? Nah, tbh i don't see him being able to beat Povetkin, Whyte, Breazeale or Miller..
Training accordingly, he could probably beat a top 10-25 boxer. Someone like Hammer, Duhaupas, Pulev, Washington, Takam.. these guys.

At least right now i don't think he has the speed and timing for pure boxing

Joshua or Wilder or any other top 15 heavyweight would SMOKE him

Also his gddamn tree trunks are a pretty big weapon for him in kickboxing. Take them away and he is not that special. "Only" (everything is relative) a great athlete that can punch

Oh, the guy that was getting his ears boxed off and then panic wrestled in his MMA debut vs a total bum?

Back