Country Music Thread

Jamey Johnson, Eric Church, Dierks Bentley. In that order.

Why is it impossible to find real Garth Brooks songs on YouTube? I like Garth, but he needs to get with the times

Me at Eric Church on Saturday for Watershed:
219qwrr.jpg

NO ZOOM from my shitty iPhone 4.... yes, I was that close. Been listening to his entire discography all day at work. Even if you don't like modern country or country at all go to a fucking Church concert. Now I get why Paisley kicked him off his tour for playing too much, the dude fucking loves performing and his energy is infectious as fuck.

Also saw Travis Tritt on Friday last weekend... he ALSO puts on an excellent show. And though I am not a fan of his music, Keith Urban is a fucking amazing musician and great live performer too.

Me at Eric Church on Saturday for Watershed:

NO ZOOM from my shitty iPhone 4.... yes, I was that close. Been listening to his entire discography all day at work. Even if you don't like modern country or country at all go to a fucking Church concert. Now I get why Paisley kicked him off his tour for playing too much, the dude fucking loves performing and his energy is infectious as fuck.

Also saw Travis Tritt on Friday last weekend... he ALSO puts on an excellent show. And though I am not a fan of his music, Keith Urban is a fucking amazing musician and great live performer too.

Good stuff, Eric Church is probably my favorite modern country artist. Mr. Misunderstood was an incredible album, I just wish it wasn't so sort. Would love to see him live, must have been a hell of a show

Good stuff, Eric Church is probably my favorite modern country artist. Mr. Misunderstood was an incredible album, I just wish it wasn't so sort. Would love to see him live, must have been a hell of a show
It was fucking incredible. His entire set I probably sang along to the whole fucking thing.

Also, I can see why he got kicked off of Brad Paisley's tour. Dude loves playing, came out for the encore which usually is like... one song (Aldean only did one song, Bentley only got to do one song last year at Watershed and Florida Georgia Line only did one song in 2015 at Watershed as an encore).... Church walks out and to the extended stage section (where he was when I took that pic) and goes:
"So, who wants to raise some more Hell?"
*crowd cheers
"Let's get this shit going then"

Proceeds to play like 4-5 more songs.

HE however did NOT play this which is grumbleworthy IMO:

He's starting his new tour soon and the news I heard about it is fucking incredible. NO supporting acts, just him and his band and they will do TWO sets each night... which basically means he's probably playing everything he has ever recorded.

They'll be in Tacoma on September 24 I think... definitely going to try and go.

I was at Chesney when he played at CenturyLink just a couple weeks ago and he was damn good as well live. Jon Pardi was great at Watershed and will be here in the PNW again for Hometown Throwdown and Chase Rice is playing some fair here in a couple days.

This guy played Friday at the festival I was at and his show was super fun too.

This was from the festival I went to during their first weekend:

God I love Eric Church.

Love the shirt that has his "Chief" logo on the front and the back has:

I DRINK
I SMOKE
I LISTEN TO
ERIC
FUCKING
CHURCH

As far as the newer fellas in country are concerned, I'd say...

Jamey Johnson
Cody Jinks
Whitey Morgan
Colter Wall
Peewee Moore
Chris Stapleton
Sturgill Simpson
Scott H Biram

was going to report anyone who posted luke bryan..florida georgia line...or any of these new country pop radio shit artists

was going to report anyone who posted luke bryan..florida georgia line...or any of these new country pop radio shit artists

FGL and Luke Bryan have their place... they get the girls moving.

Back