Couture is rarely discussed at LHW as GOAT

JPM1223

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Only LHW champ in history to win HW title and fought way later in career than any of the modern fighters, had he started in his mid 20's I think he would have had a long reign at LHW
Beat tito, chuck and Vitor in their primes and Sylvia and Gonzaga also, who were big Hw's
I think the jones nut huggers are fuckin histarically funny to push a juice head with legs the size of my dick as GOAT, JONES=Juice head!!!!

I think Couture was better as a Heavyweight. Has great wins in both classes though.

He has far too many losses and half the wins you mentioned weren't even at the weight class.

He was a 2 division champ, yet those facts don't hold up as well over time as long title reigns do.

That's why Jones will be considered more of a GOAT than Randy, purely because of how he'll be remembered.

Randy was great, but not in consideration for greatest of all time.

Randy has utterly watchable and compelling fights due to the nature of his skillset, (Not a KO or Submission artist but a jack of all trades and savvy as fuck)

But goat I don't agree. He's like Nick Diaz to me, his fights are among my all time fave to rewatch but his record dqs him from that discussion

Only LHW champ in history to win HW title and fought way later in career than any of the modern fighters, had he started in his mid 20's I think he would have had a long reign at LHW
Beat tito, chuck and Vitor in their primes and Sylvia and Gonzaga also, who were big Hw's
I think the jones nut huggers are fuckin histarically funny to push a juice head with legs the size of my dick as GOAT, JONES=Juice head!!!!
I’m not a Jones fan and I love Randy, but he’s probably the most overrated fighter in UFC history.

Yes he won some big fights, but he’s lost even more of them. Also, winning titles is impressive and all, but it’s a lot easier when the company wants you to be champ and gives you a shot at whoever is champion any time you ask.

The guy got punched out by Liddell and literally got a HW title shot in his very next fight.

Randy lost soo many times. Lol

Even nobodies beat him

Well he's not the lhw goat per se but perhaps the goat ufc fighter considering that he was both lhw and hw champion

It's true Randy isn't talked about enough on this forum. I guess sherbros side with Dana on that feud. We talk about Tim Sylvia more than Randy. Shit ain't right.

He was a 2 division champ, yet those facts don't hold up as well over time as long title reigns do.

That's why Jones will be considered more of a GOAT than Randy, purely because of how he'll be remembered.

id rank randy over jones.

jones, by virtue of cheating, drops to bottom of the list.

couture juiced as much as anyone - back then testing pretty m uch didnt exist outside of rare occurrences

id rank randy over jones.

jones, by virtue of cheating, drops to bottom of the list.
Randy was fighting at like 50 years old, contrary to what he'd like you to believe, he's not "the natural"

Chuck won 2-1 in their fights so it's hard to have couture above Liddell let alone juicing Jones

He probably would have been in the discussion if Chuck hadn't KOed him twice in a row, sending him back to heavyweight where the competition was easier.

Like BJ Penn, he is one of the worst of the best. Could never really get a good streak going but also win big fights as well, many which were title fights. In terms of "old school" LHW goat discussion, Chuck Liddell far outshines the rest. His fall was the worst in UFC history though.

How's it a discussion?
Is Couture the LHW GOAT? - No.
Discussion over.

He is the LHW GOAT at appearing in Hawaii Five-0 however.

Back