Covington vs Askren

Is Covington leaving the UFC... because Ben isn't getting a contract.

Askren is such a disappointment.

So many guys he could/should have fought.

Mad at all of em until he books a real fight... which prolly will never happen.

I see it playing out in fantasy because Ben will never be in the UFC, he fucked that up.

They wont be able to take each other down so Colby is probably gonna outstrike him. Styles make fight

Askren is getting up there in age and hasn't fought world class talent.

At some point in time, he was likely top 5. That time has come and gone. In Ben's own words:

“So we’re in a combat sport, it’s dangerous, and I am definitely not physically at the peak I was, say, four to five years ago. And you know, it’s a slippery slope, because can I still compete with the best in the world? Yeah, of course I can. But you start getting a little worse and a little worse, a little worse. When is that cutoff?

He's retired despite getting paid handsomely to smash cans with little personal risk, that should indicate the gym mileage and a lifetime on the mat has worn him out.

Other rare fighters in their mid and late 30's have no problem, but we've seen a lot of world class performers drop off much earlier.

If Colby beats Tyron I would love to see him fight Ben or GSP. Dana could make either happen. I know it's fun to have these who would win discussions, but nobody really knows who would win, which is why gambling is for fools. I would win for sure if that fight took place. I'd be real happy about it.

Ben struggled against Jay Hieron. Colby would probably easily decision him or possibly stop him. I like Ben but he hasn't shown me anything in a long time that would suggest he could beat Colby.

Shill bait thread. A chance for UFC shills to come in and pretend that UFC didn’t duck Ben Askren. Bringing up a old ass fight with Jay Hieron that they likely never saw. They just saw split decision on fight finder

Askren would clown Colby

if askren couldn't take down Luis Santos he probably cant.

He fought Santos for 2:19 fuckwit...

And Santos missed weight and ducked hard at their booked rematch.

Trying watching something outside the UFC mkay?

And for some fun MMA math, the guy that Santos got wiped out by last May was easily finished by Askren....

He fought Santos for 2:19 fuckwit...

And Santos missed weight and ducked hard at their booked rematch.

Trying watching something outside the UFC mkay?

And for some fun MMA math, the guy that Santos got wiped out by last May was easily finished by Askren....
the person i replied to used mmamath argument so i replied with a mmamath argument, dats y u should mind ur own business buddy

the person i replied to used mmamath argument so i replied with a mmamath argument, dats y u should mind ur own business buddy

Or what?

You pointed out that Askren didn't take down Santos but they only fought for two goddamn minutes.

How is your example even remotely relevant to Askren's wrestling? If they went a full 25 minutes (which they likely would have as Askren is not a huge finisher), Santos likely would have gassed and been ragdolled. Santos has never fought past 3 rounds in his entire career.

Santos is a bum. He has a ton of B and C level wins and he was terrified of fighting Askren a second time.

Back