Covington vs McGregor 170lbs—who gets it done and how?

Would be a fun fight. One thing is for sure, Conor ain't letting Colby get in like RDA did so they early. Conor has some of the best, if not the best, lateral movement and footwork in the game - not to mention is quick AF with a full tank and would blitz an overly aggressive Colby up hard. With a healthy ACL and a gas tank, the guy is a fookin' nightmare for anyone, and simply put: a much better fighter than RDA. If CoCo is able to last 'till the end of the second, he wins, but if not, it is Eduardo Sanchez vs Colin M-C all over again.

We all know one thing: it would be a bloody massacre by Colin when they did battle on the Mickrophones.

This fight will be the only time (other than the Alvarez fight) that I’ll ever support Conor, based purely on the fact that Colby called the cops. Guy had the balls to call RDA a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: after calling the cops.

Dreadful matchup for Conor.

His striking is top notch but Colby’s grappling, cardio, pace , and size would finish him in a 5 rounder.

Colby would melt that potato-eating nerd in under 2 rounds.

Conor isn't beating a single pressure wrestler at 170.

Colby would dominate McGregor. Likely a decision, but dominate none-the-less.

Conor's TDD isn't very good but that doesn't mean he doesn't have some good anti-wrestler tactics like cross framing and defensive footwork to keep his back away from the fence. Colby should be favored though.

McGregor will win, McGregor is always evolving, he still has a lot more show, Colby is just another talented fighter, McGregor is a phenomenon.

TS is one of the worst thread starters of all time.

I like the thread though, getting the two gayest fanbases arguing with each other.

Erm.... if they were the same size, Colby wins pretty easily. But this fight would look more like a midget throwing contest.

I don't think there's really much size difference between the two. Colby fights at a higher weight class but he doesn't look like he cuts much weight so I'm guessing him at being about 180 lbs and Conor in the 175 lb range. Conor would probably also work to get a little bigger if he's going to fight a guy who regular fights at Welterweight so they'd likely step in the cage within 1-2 lbs of each other. There's also not much height difference. I think Colby is billed at being 5'11 but he started out at 5'9 and 5'9 seems about right.

All that said, I have Colby via decision or possible submission in the 4th-5th if Conor's gas tank gives out. I think Conor's gas tank will hold on well enough for the first 3 rounds and if the fight happens that means Colby's chin held up to Tyron. Wel it held up or Tyron took the boring route and didn't actually try to KO him.

McGregor will win, McGregor is always evolving, he still has a lot more show, Colby is just another talented fighter, McGregor is a phenomenon.

You're making shit up. In the real world Conor is 1-1 with Nate Diaz, getting brutally finished in the first fight and barely winning a split decision in the rematch. Also he's never once defended a title in his entire MMA career and hasn't fought in almost two years.

My 3 to 1 like to post ratio says otherwise.

Thanks for always bumping my quality threads though

Appeal to popularity is a logical fallacy.

But it's cool that you come on here to post, Colby.

Colby relies on his chin too much
Mac sit him down a few times before the KO

Back