Cowboy Didn't Look Good Last Night. What's Next For Him?

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Great fight while it lasted, and great right hand he landed on Yancy. But I thought it was the worst Cowboy has ever looked.

He was getting his alot. He looked even stiffer than usual early in fights. His shots looked slow, and he was sluggish. He's clearly on a downward slide. No shame, the guy has the most wins in the UFC, and is basically permanently out of the Championship race for now, in 2 different weight classes.

So what's next for him? I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Covington tbh Or maybe Magny.

Maybe a loss but it will be a fight where he will look better then the last night ?

Cowboy is a notoriously slow starter, he did great

Yancy looked like shit with his striking defense and movement.

Yancy was more interested in hugging and giving high fives than fighting..

Cowboy should of knocked him out quicker..

Cowboy has peaked imo, he should be set for life but apparently he sucks with money

So expect him to keep fighting forever

Dey both looked loike sloppy bums, yeh. Stiff as a board. Stuk in de mud almost. Slow an' stiff. Lookin' ter be slept by me lef, yeh.

Last edited:
Maybe a loss but it will be a fight where he will look better then the last night ?
I thought he looked better in his loss against Lawler than he did last night.

Cowboy has definitely lost a step, but he also starts slow. Its almost like he needs a round 1 before round 1 to get his shit together. He looked smoother as the fight went on.

It looked like a typical Donald win to me. He always takes most of the first to figure his opponent out because he doesn't watch any film.

A new boxing coach or someone to help him with that head movement, Edmund maybe?

In the post interview he was saying he has to do somehing about his gas pedal early on.

He is way too set in his ways to considerably change up his game now. He's going to continue to try and bank off of fringe top 10 guys for the rest of his career - can't blame him one bit

Cerrone get's wild hate for weird ass reasons.

I thought they both looked a little sloppy and weak.

Cowboy's one of my favorite fighters, great to see him get another win. But i get the feeling he only has a few more left in him. May be time to get some big money fights soon and think about hanging it up.

anybody outside of the top 10, he needs a couple of more wins to build momentum and confidence

Great fight while it lasted, and great right hand he landed on Yancy. But I thought it was the worst Cowboy has ever looked.

He was getting his alot. He looked even stiffer than usual early in fights. His shots looked slow, and he was sluggish. He's clearly on a downward slide. No shame, the guy has the most wins in the UFC, and is basically permanently out of the Championship race for now, in 2 different weight classes.

So what's next for him? I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Covington tbh Or maybe Magny.

Love him. But my best guess for Cerrone, given his lifestyle, the knocks he has taken on the noggin over an amazing fighting career, which was predicated by being a professional bull rider, is a grim demise to CTE.

Hopefully I'm wrong. And shit, even if I am right, we can all be assured he will cram 30-40 more normal human lifetimes in the time he has left.

Yancy Medeiros is a legit win. Good fight for Cerrone IMO.

Back