Coyote and cat playing together

I'm not familiar with that study but I'll take your word for it.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of that 29% were raised by responsible owners. As I'm sure you know, pitbull owners have a history of being shitty people.

My friend used to have a pitbull and I lived with him for two months. Great dog. He would viciously kill other animals any chance he got but was never aggressive at all toward humans. I never had any fear of him suddenly attacking me for no reason.

I don't really know the methodology of the study, and I'm also not passionately on either side of the issue. But one could also ask for valid statistics to back up the shittiness of pitbull owners.

Anyway, I'd say a charitable interpretation for pit bulls is that the jury is still out on the issue of their predisposition to violence. And it seems to me that, if one wants a dog for the purposes of friendly canine companionship, when all things are considered a pit bull just doesn't seem to be a rational choice.

And it seems to me that, if one wants a dog for the purposes of friendly canine companionship, when all things are considered a pit bull just doesn't seem to be a rational choice.

Just as a precaution, I might be wary of having them around children.

But just from my experience with Joe (my friend's dog), as well as what I've heard from a lot of other pitbull owners, I can tell you that they tend to be fiercely loyal to their owners and tend to be very energetic and playful. If you just want a chill lap dog then a pit may not be the breed for you, but of all the dogs I've spent a lot of time around I can tell you that Joe was one of the coolest and most fun.

Just as a precaution, I might be wary of having them around children.

But just from my experience with Joe (my friend's dog), as well as what I've heard from a lot of other pitbull owners, I can tell you that they tend to be fiercely loyal to their owners and tend to be very energetic and playful. If you just want a chill lap dog then a pit may not be the breed for you, but of all the dogs I've spent a lot of time around I can tell you that Joe was one of the coolest and most fun.

I'm sure Joe was a great dog and that there are many great pit bulls. Just in terms of cost benefit analysis with a randomly selected pit bull newborn, it doesn't make sense to me.

Back