Craiglist Personals Axed

TribalDrumz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I can't be the only loser who saw this

US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!

I have never used CL personals, but the government should not have any say in this.

I've always thought craigslist personal ad's were for hookers and swingers.

I hooked up with a few women and had a ltr via craigslist. Government overstepping their bounds.. again.

Is this U.S only? I'm in Canada and the personals section is still there.

I've actually had some decent luck lately with the personal section. Had some ads i would repost in regards to looking for females that like nude wrestling. One of the ladies that responded actually trained at my gym :eek:

Lol hilarious Congressional overreach. Would get besmirched in court if Craigslist pursues it

I have never used CL personals, but the government should not have any say in this.
the government is not making them remove personals- the new law making sites liable for sex trafficking is what scared Craigslist to VOLUNTARILY end it.

And because sites like Craigslist and Reddit became such huge sources of sex trafficking, it was in their best interest to ban it. Motivated moreso to retain advertisers than a moral imperative, but sometimes capitalism can work in the public's interest.

lol@"government should not have any say in this".

Back