Crawford-Benavidez peaked at 2.7M

Meanwhile mma on network TV struggles to crack 2m these days.

Pretty good numbers, it was a solid fight. It was competitive early on and ended with a good finish.

On platforms which have a bigger reach, too. About 20% fewer households would have access to Crawford's fight when compared with a FOX card.

use the momentum to set up a big fight with Danny Garcia, Porter, Spence Jr or Thurman please!!

use the momentum to set up a big fight with Danny Garcia, Porter, Spence Jr or Thurman please!!
He'll wait on Spence. I can see Garcia or Porter being targeted.
With Thurman, who the fuck knows what hes got going on.

Conor vs Khabib did 2.4 million buys
did 1.9m.
2.4m was horseshit, they tried to calculate streams and the numbers didnt even make sense.
Plus the Crawford fight peaked at 2.7m

Does this mean that Crawford makes his promoters money now instead of losing?

did 1.9m.
2.4m was horseshit, they tried to calculate streams and the numbers didnt even make sense.

it was 2.4 including sources like ps4 etc.. Boxing fight wouldnt break 100 K if it was ppv.

did 1.9m.
I'm a bigger fan of Boxing than MMA but lets be honest here you cannot compare PPV with free TV. For example Floyd vs Conor did 4.3mPPV but tens of millions watched it illegally. If 2.7m watched the Crawford fight free it would be a lot less if it was PPV.

Playing devils advocate here since I love boxing more than anything but to be fair, whenever the UFC has a fighter of Crawford’s caliber, they always do ppvs. It’s rare to see a fight with the quality of Crawford and Benavides in MMA being shown for free.

Basically what we got was a high quality boxing match and people responded to it.

Sure the ufc does good cards for free tv every once in a while but in general, free mma cards (like the pfl) look more like tough man competitions between a bunch of fat brawlers.

But yeah I’m happy

I don't too much care about how much a fight brings in. I don't make any of that revenue.

I understand the reasoning, if everyone else is watching maybe I should watch it too, same with playing the lotto.

For the promoters it's good to talk numbers, bandwagon effect to a bigger payday. For me as a martial artist, I don't care. A fight could be in a back alley with no witnesses, but if it's a good fight, it's a good fight.

I actually had a guy I knew get arrested for fighting outside of a bar in NC. When he was in the back of the squad car the cop was telling him how he threw the most impressive haymakers he had ever seen, and it was a shame he had to arrest him for it. lol.

Back