Craziest coincidence that happened to you...

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I had a buddy who lived out in North Las Vegas who would always have people over for poker night. His neighbor across the street would come every once in awhile. He was a paranoid schizophrenic who was ok on his meds but everytime he went off them he would start screaming about aliens and always dig in his front yard with a pick axe to get to the aliens underground. He broke my friend's car window one time and my friend ended up moving.

About 4 years later I was in Caracas Venezuela and the only tv channel in the hotel that was in English was showing Cops. They found a body in a storm drain. They showed the back of his head and I immediately recognized the dudes crazy hair. They said he was known for being a paranoid schizophrenic and talked about the whole alien thing too. Sure enough they were in North Las Vegas

dam, thats really sad. Did you ever find out what happened?

dam, thats really sad. Did you ever find out what happened?
He was apparently trying to get to the aliens through the Storm drain. He had the pickaxe with him if I remember correctly. He must have drown

Who else thought TS was gonna be playing poker with the Vegas shooter?

When I lived in China for a year, I had a good mate from Prince Edward Island, Canada.

After I left, I went travelling. I was in Tirana, Albania backpacking. Ended up out boozing, met a pair of girls travelling together in some dive bar. One was Finnish, the other was from New Brunswick. I casually mentioned my mate from PEI (smalltalk really, knew it was vaguely near NB). Turns out she lived with him, previously! Mates from school or something.

Yes, I did nail her.

Back in the early 90s, I rented a Godzilla movie. I turned on the tv before inserting the tape, which showed an Asian news guy. The tape was not completely rewound and began playing the exact same part as the tv with a flawless transition. The Asian news guy was still talking and I didn't think the tape was playing but it was. It was playing on the exact part as the same Godzilla movie playing on tv.

that's not a coincidence, that's just sad.

I have randomly met some of my friends from Russia - in the USA. It was really surprising for me.

When I lived in China for a year, I had a good mate from Prince Edward Island, Canada.

After I left, I went travelling. I was in Tirana, Albania backpacking. Ended up out boozing, met a pair of girls travelling together in some dive bar. One was Finnish, the other was from New Brunswick. I casually mentioned my mate from PEI (smalltalk really, knew it was vaguely near NB). Turns out she lived with him, previously! Mates from school or something.

Yes, I did nail her.

nice. when i was in barcelona, i met this aussie guy in my hostel. we decided to travel together to the running of the bulls. we went to a bullfight, and bought a few tickets from a scalper, but the seats weren't together. we decided to buy them anyway, and we said that after the bullfight, we'd meet outside of a certain statue to meet up afterwards. well, i ended up sitting next to this spanish guy who had one of those gatorade buckets full of sangria. the guy said i could have as much as i wanted. well, i did lol. i got completely smashed, and never ended up meeting the guy. we were going to sleep at a park, like everyone else does, so we didn't have a similar place to crash that night.

fast-forward two weeks, and i'm in madrid one morning booking my stay for a few nights there. and who do i end up seeing? that same guy haha. i swear, it was like one of those movie scenes where two lovers finally meet after all those years hahaha. we literally ran up to eachother and gave a huge bro-hug. everyone in the hostel was like, "what the fuck are they doing" lol. we ended up telling the people there what happened, and i had to confess that i got completely drunk and forgot about meeting up, etc. we ended up hanging out for a few more days in madrid.

Last edited:
I had a buddy who lived out in North Las Vegas who would always have people over for poker night. His neighbor across the street would come every once in awhile. He was a paranoid schizophrenic who was ok on his meds but everytime he went off them he would start screaming about aliens and always dig in his front yard with a pick axe to get to the aliens underground. He broke my friend's car window one time and my friend ended up moving.

About 4 years later I was in Caracas Venezuela and the only tv channel in the hotel that was in English was showing Cops. They found a body in a storm drain. They showed the back of his head and I immediately recognized the dudes crazy hair. They said he was known for being a paranoid schizophrenic and talked about the whole alien thing too. Sure enough they were in North Las Vegas
What a coincidence. The exact same thing happened to me.

I was thinking about starting this very thread when I logged in and voila.....here it is

One time in the Heavies me and another poster both posted "Huge if true" in the same thread at the exact same instant.

No way either of us could have known.

One time my wife and her lover were stabbed to death and their blood was found in my Ford Bronco. What a crazy coincidence.

April 1st, 1987 - played a practical joke on my mom, where I pretended to get hit by a car.

Dec 5th, 1987 - actually got hit by a car.

Back