Crazy Beliefs

Clippys Mom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
5672436.jpg

In a nutshell

Please share with me some of the interesting people you have met and had great conversation with, but which ultimately led to them sharing a batshit crazy belief.

Aside from the standard 'dyed in the wool' political types, particular philosophical followers that see life through only one ism/ology ie, ideologs, as well as, true believers and literalists of various religions, which are best left alone here.

Some of the standouts for me are;
  • Illuminati folks (in abundance)
  • Hollow moon theorists
  • Pyramid energy believers
  • Rock crystal healers
  • Anti-Vaxers
  • Climate Deniers
  • Aliens created us bro
  • Chem trail mofos
  • Pot cures all culture. (similar to the alcohol, opium and cocaine 'cures all' fads of the past)
  • America will be great again soon types. Let's not go here...my bad.
  • Mind control chemicals in the water.
  • GMO conspiracies to prep humans for artificial bodies so we can survive nukes, loss of atmosphere, and space travel.

I know there are many I am forgetting.

So what have you seen/heard first hand?

Last edited:
Don't even get me started on the new age believers, pseudoscience types, facebook meme educated, and people who have seen ghosts and the like....to many to list.

How about women that spend thousands of dollars, and thousands of hours on anti fat, anti aging and beauty products only for it to ruin their skin, hair, bodys and make them prematurely age.

Last edited:
I don't think you understand the concept of cliff notes.

Some friends of mine trolled and anti vaxxers Facebook page last year. It was amazing what they got some of those people to believe.

Some examples.

One guy advised a woman to put onions in her daughters socks to prevent autism.

Another guy suggested that gluten was now even more dangerous than befor because big Parma was vaccinating gluten on a global scale.

Delusions of grandeur

Bumped in to one young man working at best buy, that qualified perfectly. I talked with him for 20 minutes just out of fascination. Sadly he will sell many on it, as he is a tall handsome kid with connections in town to draw on, but still, he thinks he will make 10 grand a day and own a vineyard in italy for fun in a couple of years. Good stuff. Words that came to mind...hubris, arrogance, vain, vapid, privileged, delusional, entitled, judgmental, ignorant, narcissist, smug,...on and on.

Some friends of mine trolled and anti vaxxers Facebook page last year. It was amazing what they got some of those people to believe.

Some examples.

One guy advised a woman to put onions in her daughters socks to prevent autism.

Another guy suggested that gluten was now even more dangerous than befor because big Parma was vaccinating gluten on a global scale.

I'm starting to see why democracy is a failing experiment.

A coworker got caught selling pills last week. When we were in HR (I'm a union steward) he told them he was a Zen master and could see the future. The look on everyone's face was priceless

A coworker got caught selling pills last week. When we were in HR (I'm a union steward) he told them he was a Zen master and could see the future. The look on everyone's face was priceless

MORE!....What pills? Did he qualify for medical assistance for mental illness after that?

I worked with a girl who was a hardcore rationalist engineer who confessed to me one day that she was completely convinced ghosts were real.

Domain-specific sensibilities are a thing.

she was completely convinced ghosts were real.
How did she seem about it?

I believe in ghosts and it's granted me a kind of serenity about all the shit out there we don't fully know.

Flat earthers are a special breed...

How did she seem about it?

I believe in ghosts and it's granted me a kind of serenity about all the shit out there we don't fully know.

I don’t believe in ghost; think we go in the ground when we die. I never thought it detracted from all this bountiful splendor.

Back