Crazy neighbor driving us nuts

Definitely move, or start secretly vandalizing his house and property.
He's openly vandalizing his house and property himself, I don't think he needs any help from me. :p

I have this neighbor who lives with his girl. They are always welcome to come over and let loose a little but they always just party poop and give off a super creepy serious vibe all of the time. They are really uptight and both seem like pimples 5 days past due for a pop.

The guy keeps watching me while im inside my house and keeps telling our neighbors I need to be evicted but in reality he doesn't know we all think he's a boring tool and maybe should smoke a little himself.
"... I also run amok sometimes and smash shit in my flat in the night. I don't see why the uptight neighbor has a problem with that." :p

Follow these 5 simple steps.......

1. Hide silently in a bush.

2. Wear a mask.

3. When he walks by, emerge from the bush and put a potato sack over his head.

4. Kick him shitless until he stops screaming.

5. Go to your now peaceful home and rejoice about what you just did.
That's almost exactly what my father-in-law suggests. I am tempted but I would prefer that he does it himself - in case, you know, someone has to go to jail. :D

In the past I have retaliated by putting my speakers on the floor and playing stupid fucking music on repeat from 4am to noon. 3 lions on the shirt worked good, just choose something really innane and mainstream.

Apologise to other neighbours for it in advance.

Do it the night of the disturbance.

Also buy earplugs for wearing when sleeping. They should eliminate the problem.

You've got to go one up. Be willing to go further. Or you leave.

I once toyed with disconnecting their power but it wasn't necessary in the end.
I have earplugs. However when furniture is flung at walls etc. they don't help as much.

Disconnecting their power is tempting, the electric meter box is in the corridor - however, if it is easy to do, I fear he will start doing the same to us.

You go to his house during the day. Kick the door in. Take a baseball bat to his stereo, then take that baseball bat to one or both of his knees. I guarantee he'll never keep you awake at night again
... since it's read quiet in prison and he won't be there - I will.

giphy-1-HUqRTg.gif
Typical Clippy.

Hire someone to eliminate the problem.

We're actually scouting the family and friends for any befriended policemen, who could drop by every week just to nag them and create the feeling of being closely watched. Should work IMHO.

Document everything. I work for an apartment community and deal with this regularly. I hate it. If you can bring your property manager proof of the disturbances, they should be able to send them a lease violation. If it keeps up, they can evict. Havent seen this process go all the way through but am currently in the midst of dealing with an issue similar to this.
This is the traditional way of dealing with such stuff and it does sometimes work - if these people are renting especially. But if it is his property it would be virtually impossible to get rid of him. There is also law in Poland which protects people from being evicted and it is not uncommon for such cases to go on for years and years.

I don't blame your wife. I had neighbors like that and it will totally wreck your quality of life. Documenting his shit is probably a good idea like the above poster recommended. He'll slip up one day. That or the standard sherdog solutions (uppercuts, file lawshuit, fuck his mom).

Also you sound poor.
I sound lower middle class - but that's poor in Sherdog terms of course. :p

I report to local authorities every time shit happens so it is a form of documenting it I suppose. Also, the police has to make a note for every intervention, so there's that.

Hard to uppercut him as I barely ever see him in person.
Lawsuits are expensive and futile.
I don't know who and where his mom is so can't fuck. :p

we had loud alcoholic idiot neighbors, we called the landlord a few times. then someone else started calling our landlord and the assholes got kicked out.
That would work if he rented. But the flat is his (or family) property.

Secretly ruin his tires, or mess up his stuff. Then he misses work, then he gets fired, then he can't pay rent or afford to party, then he is gone. I'm a believer in retaliation.
I don't think he has a car. Also, not sure if he works at all. Not sure where he gets his money from. Maybe drug dealing?

This is an easy fix. First you buy a felony amount of drugs, then knock on your neighbors door and be like "You wanna smoke a joint brother?" While inside his apartment you ask to use the bathroom and you plant the drugs inside his toilet. Then you go buy a burner phone (using cash) and make several calls to your local drug hotline. Problem solved..... Or you just move out and not send the poor bastard to PRISON...Your call mate

<{cum@me}>
I don't have to PLANT weed at his house. He SMOKES that shit every day on the balcony. Local police have been inside, they said they smelled it. But I don't live in the US, they can't search or arrest anyone without a warrant.

I wonder if OP is one of those annoying busy body neighbors who complains about everything. If it's such a nuisance, why is everyone else ok with it?
Again, the downstairs flat is empty, nobody lives there. The other neighbor is a chav who gives no fucks.

Maybe I am a "busybody" but let me give you a comparison: the guy upstairs is a musician, he plays guitar in the evenings. We came over ONCE and politely asked that he doesn't play after midnight - he apologized and adjusted. Decent guy, no hard feelings, everyone is happy. Proper civilized communication.

The guy downstairs is a drugged maniac who does not listen to us, the house administration or the police. Feel the difference?

This is why neighbors end up getting shot. I can't imagine the rage you must be feeling.

I had to tear into a neighbor for having a party on a Wednesday Night (duplex) until 2am.

I told him to keep that shit for the weekends and to let me know beforehand, so we could either join them or make other plans

No issues after that.

Seriously, you need to strongly confront the guy.... strongly.
I don't feel rage really, rather exhaustion.

And we almost got used to the parties, earplugs are enough to block the sound of music.

But this recent explosion of rage and vandalism has frightened us - if he is capable of destroying his own property in a drugged rage, he may be a danger to us.

Go have a heart to heart with him.

When I had this problem in my current apartment and just couldn't take it anymore I went up and knocked on the offender's door. No one opened so I proceeded to kick the door as hard as I could maybe 3-4 times. We have security doors so it didn't really damage anything but it was damn loud. They didn't open the door (possibly out of fear) but turned the music way down and there have been no issues since then. Must have been like 5 years ago and I still don't know who lives there (big apartment complex)...
I've heard people kick their door a few times. Maybe it's another neighbor or a "guest" that wasn't let in. Doesn't work on them.

If you rent then move. If you own then document everything on film and audio. Approach the condo board and the police with the evidence and ask what the best way to go about this is. I've had shitty neighbours before and the situation you're in sucks but it's not forever. Never buy an apartment unless it's a really exclusive high class one, only rent so you can leave if bad neighbours move in.
We own it. The police and local district officer came around a few times already but they only thing they can do is knock on their door. Which is pretty much worthless.

Does your neighbour rent or own the property? If he rents then make a complaint to his landlord or the maintenance company (or find out where the landlord lives and visit him/her direct and keep visiting them until they kick this guy out).

Also document all the disturbances so you can report this to the police or landlord/maintenance company.

Although the violenct solution is probably more appealing I wouldn't go down that route.

If the place you're living in isn't that amazing then start looking to move.
We've reported to the maintenance company and they had sent out notes to the flat owner. We don't know who the owner is because the info is classified, they can't just tell us. But judging by his lack of reaction the owner is either the delinquent himself or someone who doesn't care if the place is thrashed.

The police came over a few times and never did anything worth a damn.

Your wife moved out ...... Do you like the flat more than her? Its wrong that this asshole is going to get a pass and if you do something to him you being a decent chap its going to stick a charge on you and be a problem . Its probably time to move. You dont need the friction with the misses and she has hit her limit. Im sorry the dudes an asshole and that the world always seems to give them a pass.
It's our property, we'd have to sell it or rent it to someone. It's a nice flat (we both agree on that), would be a shame to leave.

I've heard people kick their door a few times. Maybe it's another neighbor or a "guest" that wasn't let in. Doesn't work on them.
Time to move on to something more advanced then.. Maybe a bottle of vodka spiced with some laxative that you leave next to his door?

Back