Creatine and lifting

I had a striking coach tell me the same thing .. wanted to hear what everyone else thought on here .If your muscles fill w more water then they are gonna move slower ..this is basic science imo
It isn't basic science unless there has been a controlled study done, it is just sloppy guessing. Have you gained weight? How much water weight have you actually gained?

Well I was speaking my experience from hitting the heavy bag .How many days a week would you say is good to work the heavy bag ? I get sore if I hit it hard even once .
It's going to be different for everyone you'll have to work out for yourself how often is optimal

You can gain up to 3 percent of your body weight in water from Creatine

Well I was speaking my experience from hitting the heavy bag .How many days a week would you say is good to work the heavy bag ? I get sore if I hit it hard even once .
Hitting a heavy bag is tantamount to lifting heavy. You need rest between heavy bag sessions. Also your nervous system could also be fatigued, leading to a lack of performance.

@5thDimensionMMA goes to show you don’t need knowledge about supplementation to be a striking coach. Athletes of all kinds use creatine to improve performance. It’s not strictly a lifting supplement. If use of creatine led to a decrease in performance, it would have fallen out of favor a long time ago.

It isn't basic science unless there has been a controlled study done, it is just sloppy guessing. Have you gained weight? How much water weight have you actually gained?

No I only took it on two days,but I could feel my muscles swell up more than usual. It was in and out.

Hitting a heavy bag is tantamount to lifting heavy. You need rest between heavy bag sessions. Also your nervous system could also be fatigued, leading to a lack of performance.

So would you say dont lift on the days you hit the heavy bag?

@5thDimensionMMA goes to show you don’t need knowledge about supplementation to be a striking coach. Athletes of all kinds use creatine to improve performance. It’s not strictly a lifting supplement. If use of creatine led to a decrease in performance, it would have fallen out of favor a long time ago.

If your muscles will with more water,shouldn't that slow you down? Maybe Im overtained.I usually train with just coffee,but i took a preworkout twice and I felt way more sluggish.My muscles got pumped more than usual and I was stiff.

No I only took it on two days,but I could feel my muscles swell up more than usual. It was in and out.

If your muscles will with more water,shouldn't that slow you down? Maybe Im overtained.I usually train with just coffee,but i took a preworkout twice and I felt way more sluggish.My muscles got pumped imore than usual and I was stiff.
How many grams creatine was in A serving

If your muscles will with more water,shouldn't that slow you down? Maybe Im overtained.I usually train with just coffee,but i took a preworkout twice and I felt way more sluggish.My muscles got pumped more than usual and I was stiff.
Could be the vasodilation agents and not the creatine. Creatine doesn’t illicit a “pump” per se.

If you don't like the C4 and feel like you have negative side effects, why not just go back to the coffee if that worked previously.

has anyone noticed that creatine slows you down ? I’ve been doing some pressing movements to get a stronger push/punch and I actually feel more stiff and slower.My preworkout has creatine in it and I was wondering if any of you have noticed slowed movement with creatine while training ?
It fills your arms with muscle. Slowing you down. If you didn’t take anything your arms would be filled with air. Making you quicker because muscle weighs more than air.

<{ohyeah}>

When did I say that?

Either you were sarcastically hinting at the fact that research from 2003 is somehow not worthwhile, or you have an affinity for the year 2003 and are genuinely happy to see a study from that particular year. You can be coy if you'd like, but it isn't necessary.

Nice
lol did the fundamentals of human physiology change since 15 years ago?

I actually quoted you.
HgyLZIr.png

1953. pffft

If creatine fills your muscles w more water then they will be heavier , which could be why my arms felt sluggish .This theory shall be texted in my next two heavy bag workouts.I have the body type that retains water easily so maybe it’s just not for me .

If creatine fills your muscles w more water then they will be heavier , which could be why my arms felt sluggish .This theory shall be texted in my next two heavy bag workouts.I have the body type that retains water easily so maybe it’s just not for me .
If you are prone to edema, that isn't related to the water content in your muscles. The creatine you took twice is probably about 3 grams a serving. Taking that twice is damn near physiologically negligible. Usually when people are serious about using it as a mass and strength aid, they will do something like 20 grams a day for the first 5 days in a loading phase. 3 grams is the like having a big steak.

Besides, if you are after strength in the gym, gains you make on creatine will still be there after you cycle off it. So unless you have an actual fight or something coming up soon, it doesn't really matter if you are a bit more sluggish does it?

Either you were sarcastically hinting at the fact that research from 2003 is somehow not worthwhile, or you have an affinity for the year 2003 and are genuinely happy to see a study from that particular year. You can be coy if you'd like, but it isn't necessary.
So it's either one or the other is it?

What else have I thought recently?

3 grams is under the recommended dose. I took 5 grams a day for an entire calendar year and can’t say I felt heavier or more sluggish from the water retention.

Back