Creating Your Own Style

Haha you'll be an instant sensation.
I have a world champion's method to coaching

1h class
58min burpees / skipping (skipping for beginners)
2 min bagwork

charge $261

Then I create my own kru-ship certificate other people undertake so they can be "legit krus", and those are $10,000 USD, but its for a lifetime, so in the grad scheme 10k isn't much

it was a joke

apparently its been done already lol

I figured it was. lol....man I haven't seen Family Guy in forever. So apparently, the sensei is fair game.

Although this is a joke it makes a lot of sense. A sensei should allow challenges from their students.

1h class
2 min bagwork

charge $261

Then I create my own kru-ship certificate other people undertake so they can be "legit krus", and those are $10,000 USD, but its for a lifetime, so in the grad scheme 10k isn't much

I can dig it. I know clubs that do lifetime memberships. It's usually the cost of 5 years up front. Not too bad if you can commit.

1h class
2 min bagwork

charge $261

what do you think of this, 1 hour muay thai class. shadow boxing 30 minutes. 2 rounds hit pads, 2 rounds hold pads, 2 rounds sparring, and your ready to go fight!

Looking at history it seems to me that many of the martial arts taught today come from the same base, but different paths. Allow me to explain:

Many of the Karate styles that are taught originate from people who were familiar with each other whether it be a teacher-student or a cross training relationship. One such example is Funakoshi, the founder of Shotokan reportedly being the one time instructor of Mas Oyama; founder of Kyokushin.

I see many of the early days in martial arts as a tree. A tree rooted in the same base but with different branches representing the divisions or differences.

If this is the case, could we in theory see an emergence of new styles? Could a person being rooted in one experience or martial art go on to create their own?

I understand we view many of the founders of martial arts in the highest regard. However, as great as they were, they were just men like us.

If you could create your own style what would be its influences, principles, uniform, belt system, and training methods? Would your style have a name? Thanks for any input given.
I'm waiting for a guy to get the psychological advantage over another guy by doing gay things to him in the cage

I can dig it. I know clubs that do lifetime memberships. It's usually the cost of 5 years up front. Not too bad if you can commit.
I've actually never seen that, sounds interesting

what do you think of this, 1 hour muay thai class. shadow boxing 30 minutes. 2 rounds hit pads, 2 rounds hold pads, 2 rounds sparring, and your ready to go fight!
Too much work bud, there's a reason I said bagwork instead of padwork

they can find fights themselves, not willing to do that paperwork nonsense to get it arranged.

I've actually never seen that, sounds interesting

Too much work bud, there's a reason I said bagwork instead of padwork

they can find fights themselves, not willing to do that paperwork nonsense to get it arranged.

lol genius with the bag work

I'm waiting for a guy to get the psychological advantage over another guy by doing gay things to him in the cage

I'm not making this up (it will sound bizarre):

In a washroom I was in some years ago, an argument broke out near the shower area. What the argument was over I could not tell you. I was too far away, I think brushing my teeth in a sink. What got my attention was when the noise escalated, and I peered over. It looked like a fight was inevitable based on their postures, and the room they were being given.

One of the men dropped his shorts and stood there naked. Everyone else is in shock, trying to process it all. He then squares up and advances towards the guy fully exposed. The guy doesn't want to fight anymore and darts away, past me. The naked man chases the guy screaming: "You won't fight a naked man huh?"

It was one of the weirdest altercations I have ever seen. His strategy was effective. So yeah, psychological advantage could definitely be there. lol

In a washroom I was in some years ago, an argument broke out near the shower area. What the argument was over I could not tell you. I was too far away, I think brushing my teeth in a sink. What got my attention was when the noise escalated, and I peered over. It looked like a fight was inevitable based on their postures, and the room they were being given.

One of the men dropped his shorts and stood there naked. Everyone else is in shock, trying to process it all. He then squares up and advances towards the guy fully exposed. The guy doesn't want to fight anymore and darts away, past me. The naked man chases the guy screaming: "You won't fight a naked man huh?"

It was one of the weirdest altercations I have ever seen. His strategy was effective. So yeah, psychological advantage could definitely be there. lol

Did you get a look at his dong?

Did you get a look at his dong?

I made a conscious effort to look at the ceiling as they ran past me. If I did, then I have selective amnesia in that regard. It was mildly humorous but not something I'd reflect back to fondly.

I thought it fit this conversation though. lol. Doing something that would make a person's "manhood" be in question; a gay gesture if they are not gay, could definitely be a psychological ploy.

I made a conscious effort to look at the ceiling as they ran past me. If I did, then I have selective amnesia in that regard. It was mildly humorous but not something I'd reflect back to fondly.

I thought it fit this conversation though. lol. Doing something that would make a person's "manhood" be in question; a gay gesture if they are not gay, could definitely be a psychological ploy.
You could've beaten him using Turkish oil wrasslin

That's why I like sherdog.

agree with that statement.

Some years back we had some guys "developing" their own style "Elemental Claw Style" or ECS and it was hilarious <Lmaoo>.

They had their own names for each technique like out of a dragonballz movie as "heavens light: block the opponent fast as a flash, unblockable technique , gentle and efficient" ...etc

They were dead serious about it and I have their instructional videos with original comment to this day on my hard drive. Someone then later made a music video out of it and uploaded on yt. Great comedy stuff if you know that this was all meant as the birth of a deadly martial art. The one with the red belt is the grandmaster.

Here is the music video:

OMG, as goofy as those guys look, I like the idea of my jab sounding like it's an anime special attack finisher. Lol

Back