Creation of the Master Category in MMA and Martial Arts Competitions

fighthug

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I am creating this tropic to hear your opinion on whether you are in favor of creating the Master category in MMA and another style of Martial Arts. For the age of today is not the same as of old time several fighters of the old of the time of the Valley everything Fighting MMA like: Johil de Oliveira, Vítor Belfort, Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson and others.
I quoted this because they are what the mind comes to me. When I speak Master category, I am referring to the category above 35 years of age. And this is not up to 35. For in my opinion this category should be 35 to 40 years old.

101.thumb.jpg.df3246688fd8fd09d7bbeebfb54ff62f.jpg

Whaaat!?

Can't even start to comprehend.
Grammar, work on it

I am creating this tropic to hear your opinion on whether you are in favor of creating the Master category in MMA and another style of Martial Arts. For the age of today is not the same as of old time several fighters of the old of the time of the Valley everything Fighting MMA like: Johil de Oliveira, Vítor Belfort, Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson and others.
I quoted this because they are what the mind comes to me. When I speak Master category, I am referring to the category above 35 years of age. And this is not up to 35. For in my opinion this category should be 35 to 40 years old.

101.thumb.jpg.df3246688fd8fd09d7bbeebfb54ff62f.jpg
Like Yamma pitfighting had a few years ago. Worked out for them! No seriously, if older fighters are still draws, they should be fighting people of their own age limitations.

I'm not against older vets having fights. If they're matched up properly and they wish to fight, let them fight.

BUT... No one should be naive about the product we will receive. They're old men, older than their actual ages in fight years. They'll fight like old men. And then there are discrepancies with just exactly the age groups should be, and whether fighters are taking TRT or not. Can you imagine Belfort against the most recent version of Wand that we got? That's a slaughter. Belfort vs roided out Wand in RIZIN? Maybe. But Belfort, for as long as he's fought and all of the wars he's been in, isn't nearly as weathered and old in fight years as Wand, and even if Belfort wasn't on anything to help him physically.

I'm not against the idea, but it won't be exciting. Old men are old. I think after a few fights within a "Masters League" that people will skip watching, bc the fights will be boring.

It's called Senior division

I am referring to the category above 35 years of age. And this is not up to 35. For in my opinion this category should be 35 to 40 years old.

It has no sense, a lot of champs, former champs and title contenders have more than 35 (Woodley, Maia, Romero, Bisping, Cormier, Miocic...)

Last edited:
My opinion is that it's a terrible idea and i wouldn't be interested.

First, fix your grammar. That shit is nonsensical.
Second, after the Tito/Chuck fight i think everyone should have had their fill of senior fighters.
If not though, you would have to raise the age to 45. A lot of fighters are still competitive into early 40s. A lot of champs are in that range.

Like Yamma pitfighting had a few years ago. Worked out for them! No seriously, if older fighters are still draws, they should be fighting people of their own age limitations.
I agree with you, which is why I have been trying to create a category for 35-40 year olds only. For this fighters are still in a fighting condition.

More detail is required. And why the age restriction?
The age restriction because it does not have as a fighter from 35 to 40 years of age fights with a 20- to 30-year-old boy at the peak of his physical form and with the horminio in high

I'm not against older vets having fights. If they're matched up properly and they wish to fight, let them fight.

BUT... No one should be naive about the product we will receive. They're old men, older than their actual ages in fight years. They'll fight like old men. And then there are discrepancies with just exactly the age groups should be, and whether fighters are taking TRT or not. Can you imagine Belfort against the most recent version of Wand that we got? That's a slaughter. Belfort vs roided out Wand in RIZIN? Maybe. But Belfort, for as long as he's fought and all of the wars he's been in, isn't nearly as weathered and old in fight years as Wand, and even if Belfort wasn't on anything to help him physically.

I'm not against the idea, but it won't be exciting. Old men are old. I think after a few fights within a "Masters League" that people will skip watching, bc the fights will be boring.
You should be a kid and couch commentator.
Fighters do not say anything more than they have no techniques. Quite the opposite. If you guys fight with them. You'd catch it.

It's called Senior division
It has no sense, a lot of champs, former champs and title contenders have more than 35 (Woodley, Maia, Romero, Bisping, Cormier, Miocic...)

I spoke from 35 to 40 years. Above that I no longer agree. From 35 to 40 years the fighters in this age group are still in good physical shape. Above that most are already retired.

First, fix your grammar. That shit is nonsensical.
Second, after the Tito/Chuck fight i think everyone should have had their fill of senior fighters.
If not though, you would have to raise the age to 45. A lot of fighters are still competitive into early 40s. A lot of champs are in that range.
First I'm not writing.
Power if there are more fighters fought in the age range of 35 to 40 years against other younger fighters.

You should be a kid and couch commentator.
Fighters do not say anything more than they have no techniques. Quite the opposite. If you guys fight with them. You'd catch it.
Not really sure what you're talking about.

Back