CREED II

If you have seen CREED II, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: July 21, 2017

Sylvester Stallone Confirms Ivan Drago in CREED Sequel

In a new Instagram post, Rocky creator Sylvester Stallone confirmed several things about MGM‘s in-development Creed II. For one, that he himself has written the full script, or at least what will serve as the basis for the script, after Ryan Coogler and Aaron Covington wrote the last one by themselves.

Second, he has solidified what many had assumed for a while, which is that Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago, and probably his offspring, will be involved in a big bloody battle with Adonis Creed in the ring.

20213893_153812831848766_3979133040482844672_n.jpg

Drago Confirmed for Creed II as Stallone Finishes Script

That actually sounds awesome

What a trite, predictable thing to do. I would much rather see Drago have his own film, life after fall from grace.

This is cliche crap.

Stallone has mastered the art of recycling the same crap over and over again. And I love Rocky movies.

PLOT TWIST!!

Drago's son is a nerdy recluse who instead of boxing hacks the DNC.

Actually, in this GoT era, a great twist would be that Ivan Drago comes out of retirement and kills Creed Jr. too.

I'm down for this. That makes it a lot more interesting for me.

Been a very long while since Lundgren had a high-profile role in a theatrical movie. (I'm not really counting Expendables.)

With Apollo losing to Drago originally and him losing the big fight in the first Creed movie there is no way that Adonis will lose the big fight in the second movie.

I am a little worried that he is writing this himself without Coogler and Covington. Their script had great reverence for Stallone's work and brought a new perspective and life that Sly couldn't bring to it on his own anymore. There are things in Creed that I don't think Stallone could have stepped back and written by himself at this point.

That said, he's good at writing sequels, and seeing what Drago has become after 35 years could be interesting. I think Dolph actually is up to the task acting-wise these days, but perhaps not under the direction of Stallone. They're too buddy buddy and they've made three movies in a row now where nobody cared about the quality of the characters or performances.

A young black fighter is destroying a heavy bag in a back of a hot dark dingy crowded underground gym, as he's killing the bag everyone begins stopping what they're doing to watch him go. Trainers, fighters, everyone. The trainer holding the bag is praising him as he goes in on the bag until he yells "Time!"

He pats him on the back and tells him he's going to be better than his old man.

The young fighter shrugs off the trainers pat. Slowly breathing and looking at the wall in front of him.

The trainer responds with "You're already nastier". He laughs and walks away.

The young fighter continues to look at the wall, still catching his breather before eventually walking away, revealing a picture on the wall in front of him showing Clubber Lang.

Is Ryan Coogler going to direct? I know he's busy with Black Panther right now. Actually, that might be done filming already. Either way, Ryan Coogler and Michael B. Jordan make a great team.

What a trite, predictable thing to do. I would much rather see Drago have his own film, life after fall from grace.

This is cliche crap.

They can do a Creed style version for Drago. Like Drago has son with Bridgitte Nielsen, goes depressed, suicide. But now son wants to make name for himself. Maybe Don King can find redemption too.

Update: July 21, 2017

Sylvester Stallone Confirms Ivan Drago in CREED Sequel

In a new Instagram post, Rocky creator Sylvester Stallone confirmed several things about MGM‘s in-development Creed II. For one, that he himself has written the full script, or at least what will serve as the basis for the script, after Ryan Coogler and Aaron Covington wrote the last one by themselves.

Second, he has solidified what many had assumed for a while, which is that Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago, and probably his offspring, will be involved in a big bloody battle with Adonis Creed in the ring.

20213893_153812831848766_3979133040482844672_n.jpg

Drago Confirmed for Creed II as Stallone Finishes Script

I like it. I just hope they do it well. It would be really easy to mishandle this.

Oh God, this is bad news. Anything they do with Drago is bound to be a disappointment. Rocky IV was the best and Drago was freaking awesome. I hope they don't do anything stupid with his character. I'd honestly rather they not include him at all. He's a sacred piece of Rocky history. I don't want to see anything happen that will be a slap in the face to what we got in IV. In other words, I'm terrified they're going to ruin my childhood.

Back