CREED II

If you have seen CREED II, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
there was something adorable about the disabled baby with the hearing aids.

It was predictable, it was cheesy in some spots, and Coogler was missed, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love this movie!!!

I love Rocky 4. It’s my favorite Rocky movie. I realize it is 80s garbage, but I love it. With that being said, I loved Creed II.

The cast was great. The story definitely had some emotional arch that I wanted them to dig into, but I wasn’t sure if they would. Like with Bianca’s progressive hearing loss, what does that mean about a potential child?

The one thing I questioned in Creed I was, “where was Rocky’s kid???” They didn’t mention him which was weird. They do in this one.

I loved the fight scenes and how both men looked JACKED!!! Like you felt those punches for some reason. I gym, and I now want to look like Michael B. Jordan. There was a nice emotional arch between the Dragos that I didn’t expect.

Overall, the theme is fatherhood. Whether you had a hard ass as a dad, an absent father, a dead father, or grew up with male mentors, I think you can picture yourself in this movie. Maybe it’s cause I have my first kid coming in March it makes me gravitate towards that particular theme.

My biggest gripe of this movie is the music. I HATE mumble rappers and the soundtrack is full of them. They let one dude produce and make the beats for the whole album and he failed miserably. I wasn’t a fan of Ludwig Gorrannsons score either. The music felt off overall. The only song I liked was Tessa Thompson’s song she sang before the main fight.

This movie isn’t perfect at all. But the fact that they made a solid sequel for Creed and kind of for Rocky 4 is crazy to me. It’s not better than Creed I, but it is incredibly solid. I’m scoring it higher than it deserves, screw it.

If they don’t make another Creed, I’d be satisfied with the 2 Creed movies. They were destined to fail and yet they are crazy good to a franchise that has worn out its welcome. That blows my mind.

9/10 for me.
the training camp in the desert was fast and the furious level cheesy.

If crazy old Brigitte Nielsen isn't in this I'm calling BULLSHIT.

I still can't forgive Stallone for killing Adrien off-screen before Rocky Balboa.

I still can't forgive Stallone for killing Adrien off-screen before Rocky Balboa.
Oh, Brigitte Nielsen was in this one...

she was in this one her appearence gave me a fear boner.

I liked everything about this movie except the music. I like hip hop, but the music just didn’t fit , especially by Rocky movie standards

Just got back from this.

Brainless fun. Everything moves very fast. There are two fights in this movies. It might be time to end the franchise. Stallone looks awful. Too much HGH. It has made him look lumpy.

6/10

I liked everything about this movie except the music. I like hip hop, but the music just didn’t fit , especially by Rocky movie standards

That's the first thing I said when I left the theater haha. I said "I liked it, pretty good movie, but I don't like the soundtrack"

Good movie, 7.5/10.

I thought the acting was pretty good, I did like the story overall. Had shades of Rocky 3 redemption in there, with some serious tones of Rocky 2. I didn't really enjoy the slight overly ghetto nature of Apollo and his chick haha. I also hate her "singing". Soundtrack was kinda weak, but not terrible if you like hip hop.... which I don't. Fight scenes were good, training scenes were pretty average. Drago and his son were pretty badass.

Good movie.

As others have said the soundtrack knocks it down a bit, some potentially great years from now scenes were tarnished a bit with the choice of music. Kind of hard to put together a badass scene with a Young Thug song playing in the background.

That being said, the Dragos stole the show, especially in the beginning when they built the tension leading up to their actual dialogue. Every scene I sat there anticipating what they would say.

Loved the movie. But not sure now where they go with this. Drago was built as a monster and was dominant in their bout. Now it seems any new opponent wouldn't be much of a threat to Creed. I think they blew their load too early on the Creed/Drago bout. Creed 2 focus should have been his fued and fight with Wheeler, the guy who KO'd him in the first movie. Part 3 should have been Drago. At least this way the would have gotten 3 solid movies out.

Loved the movie. But not sure now where they go with this. Drago was built as a monster and was dominant in their bout. Now it seems any new opponent wouldn't be much of a threat to Creed. I think they blew their load too early on the Creed/Drago bout. Creed 2 focus should have been his fued and fight with Wheeler, the guy who KO'd him in the first movie. Part 3 should have been Drago. At least this way the would have gotten 3 solid movies out.

This might be good if it forces them to be more creative about the next one.

they will surely figure out some way to top viktor drago. they had mr. t for rocky iii and he was a monster too. shoved mick (and killed him) and beat the hell out of rocky the same night, made rocky lose his confidence...only to be topped by ivan drago in rocky iv.

this article actually suggests an interesting candidate...apollo's other son.

How do you top Creed vs. Drago? How about Creed vs. Creed?!?! How is this possible? Well, if Apollo had one illegitimate son in Adonis, then why couldn’t he have another? (I mean, he was a famous professional athlete.) In steps the Widows star (also, Black Panther reunion!) as Ali Creed — is there a better boxing name? — who unlike Adonis, didn’t get saved by his late father’s widow, instead fighting his way up from the streets, making him resent his famous half-brother.

Last edited:
Back