CREED II

If you have seen CREED II, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Just got back from seeing it.

It was as good as the first.

Soundtrack is for a new crowd. Though my theater, 345pm had 4 people, all white.

That said, how, what, what the fuck? Why cant they make the training montages as good as the 1st ones? The fights....i like how much faster they are, but something about seeing the round by round go by a bit slower in rocky 2 and rocky 4 that really gets me excited.

Also drago jr is a legit hw and jordan is a fucking mw. Never bought it.

Still, i found myself excited as fuck at the end so its still a 7/10 or 6/10 for me.

they will surely figure out some way to top viktor drago. they had mr. t for rocky iii and he was a monster too. shoved mick (and killed him) and beat the hell out of rocky the same night, made rocky lose his confidence...only to be topped by ivan drago in rocky iv.

this article actually suggests an interesting candidate...apollo's other son.

How do you top Creed vs. Drago? How about Creed vs. Creed?!?! How is this possible? Well, if Apollo had one illegitimate son in Adonis, then why couldn’t he have another? (I mean, he was a famous professional athlete.) In steps the Widows star (also, Black Panther reunion!) as Ali Creed — is there a better boxing name? — who unlike Adonis, didn’t get saved by his late father’s widow, instead fighting his way up from the streets, making him resent his famous half-brother.

I think it should be a kid Clubber Lang had with Spider Rico.

In the balboa universe?! nothing is remotly believable after the first movie. Everything is cheesy and absurd

Second is pretty down to earth.

Saw it tonight. It was good. It started out looking like it was going to be very predictable and lacking in substance, but it picked up as the story moved along and had several layers to it. Victor and Ivan in the end were not shallow characters. They had some depth to them.

I wonder what they will do in the third film.

He fights Clubber Lang's son?

giphy.gif

Maybe Thunder lips Jr?

770-tumblr_nqhxojKsmA1tdo66yo1_500.gif

Second is pretty down to earth.
Well Rocky was so gutsy and lucky to close the distance in the first movie then he beats an angry and focused Apollo with an blind eye and almost no training in Rocky 2. In the third he got plastic surgery he is in his middle thirties and beat anynone in the world , lifting the 400 pounds Thunderlips and the mohican Tyson despite the beatings
Rocky has middle super human strength and a poweful healing factor that allow him to regenerate entire organs, including brain tissue and eyes , he acquired the latter during the second movie that is sci fi like the rest of the serie.

Just Saw it. It lacked impact. Very meh. I give it a 5/10. Very predictable. The first movie was way better.

Though I thought Dolph Lundgren's acting was Surprising. I honestly thought an old Drago would be hard to pull off, but he made it seem legit.

stallone posted on his IG that his run as rocky is done.

I had a difficult time with how much this movie was similar to Rocky 4. The small build up from victor after creed beats wheeler was similar to ivan in rocky 4. Then the 1st drago fight that ended in controversy, a DQ. Even though adonis got destroyed, and R4 with apollo's death. They also took the grand entrance (albeit in a smaller dosage) that apollo made.
When he decides to take the fight in russia because that's the only place the dragos will fight at, same with R4. Adonis trains 'old school' in the desert, Rocky trained in a similar way back then. I honestly thought he was going to train in russia when rocky tells him he needs to change his training. And then finally the final fight is similar to rocky and ivan as it goes the distance, the only difference is that Adonis doesn't take such a beating to his head. I thought he should have knocked him out cold, not tko him with ivan throwing in the towel. But it was a nice touch that drago sr was actually a loving a father, instead of a cold hearted sob.

I realize i left out the stories that happened in between the parts that were basically mirrored from rocky 4. I actually enjoyed all that. With the baby and his girl, his mental state and the story of drago's fallout with his country and his wife. I felt it gave the movie substance. But the other stuff was too much like rocky 4 for me to like it, because it was already done. To the poster that said that rocky's son wasn't mentioned in the 1st creed, he actually was. Adonis asks him about his son and rocky says he moved to canada.

I was worried how this movie would look like without coogler, and i honestly would have waited another year if it meant he would have done this.

I will say that rocky seeing his son, got me. I haven't seen my own father since i was 14, and that made my eyes water for sure. Between the good stuff in the movie, the boxing scenes and it getting me in the end there, i give it a 6/10.

stallone posted on his IG that his run as rocky is done.

I am okay with that. I think killing Rocky in a future film would be kind of cliche. Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing Rocky corner Adonis in another film either.
<Fedor23>

I enjoyed it. It had elements of Rocky 2, 3, and 4. I would hope they end the series here. Storywise, this movie tied up loose ends nicely.

I had a difficult time with how much this movie was similar to Rocky 4. The small build up from victor after creed beats wheeler was similar to ivan in rocky 4. Then the 1st drago fight that ended in controversy, a DQ. Even though adonis got destroyed, and R4 with apollo's death. They also took the grand entrance (albeit in a smaller dosage) that apollo made.
When he decides to take the fight in russia because that's the only place the dragos will fight at, same with R4. Adonis trains 'old school' in the desert, Rocky trained in a similar way back then. I honestly thought he was going to train in russia when rocky tells him he needs to change his training. And then finally the final fight is similar to rocky and ivan as it goes the distance, the only difference is that Adonis doesn't take such a beating to his head. I thought he should have knocked him out cold, not tko him with ivan throwing in the towel. But it was a nice touch that drago sr was actually a loving a father, instead of a cold hearted sob.

I realize i left out the stories that happened in between the parts that were basically mirrored from rocky 4. I actually enjoyed all that. With the baby and his girl, his mental state and the story of drago's fallout with his country and his wife. I felt it gave the movie substance. But the other stuff was too much like rocky 4 for me to like it, because it was already done. To the poster that said that rocky's son wasn't mentioned in the 1st creed, he actually was. Adonis asks him about his son and rocky says he moved to canada.

I was worried how this movie would look like without coogler, and i honestly would have waited another year if it meant he would have done this.

I will say that rocky seeing his son, got me. I haven't seen my own father since i was 14, and that made my eyes water for sure. Between the good stuff in the movie, the boxing scenes and it getting me in the end there, i give it a 6/10.

I thought Ivan Drago's arc was what, more than anything else, justified this movie's existence. The towel throwing was the completion of that arc to me. And it also revealed that he too bore scars from the Apollo fight. The movie had its flaws, but I wouldn't have changed anything about the Drago story.

I enjoyed it. It had elements of Rocky 2, 3, and 4. I would hope they end the series here. Storywise, this movie tied up loose ends nicely.
They will have at least another movie. I am skeptical it will be any good without Sly though. Maybe Rocky dies of cancer before the next film and Clubber Lang steps in to train Adonis. :D

I thought Ivan Drago's arc was what, more than anything else, justified this movie's existence. The towel throwing was the completion of that arc to me. And it also revealed that he too bore scars from the Apollo fight. The movie had its flaws, but I wouldn't have changed anything about the Drago story.
I remember a discussion we had when this concept was first being discussed for the movie. I recall saying that this was a "risky" story arc because it could be easily screwed up, but that it would also be a bigger payoff than another concept if it was done well. I definitely think it paid off. It was a solid story with depth and closure.

I remember a discussion we had when this concept was first being discussed for the movie. I recall saying that this was a "risky" story arc because it could be easily screwed up, but that it would also be a bigger payoff than another concept if it was done well. I definitely think it paid off. It was a solid story with depth and closure.

Sly really hit the Drago stuff over the fences. Definitely bad if a swing and a miss, but this one went into the lights like in The Natural. And boy was Dolph Lundgren up to the task. I thought he'd grown a lot as an actor when I watched Universal Soldier: Regeneration (not a great movie, but he and Van Damme were very good). And he's continued to grow. Who would have thought...

In fact, the Drago stuff, the arc and character and lessons, were so good that I think Rocky himself actually looks kind of bad by comparison.

But you could tell that Sly is looking at his twilight and planning to close the book on his character with this film, hence the rushing of the Stuntman Wheeler stuff to get to the Drago story. He even writes in the (slightly on the nose) line at the end to Adonis: It's your time now.

He closed the story with his son Robert with the same sort of comforting finality with which he closed Rambo 4.

But hey, he's making Rambo 5 now, so who knows...

They will have at least another movie. I am skeptical it will be any good without Sly though. Maybe Rocky dies of cancer before the next film and Clubber Lang steps in to train Adonis. :D

I think Clubber Lang's son should shove Rocky before the fight and give him a heart attack.

It wasn't bad, but it was pretty much the same fucking movie as Rocky 4. The thing I enjoyed most was probably Drago's arc, and although it was predictable, Dolph did a good job. Also, the actual filming of the boxing has come a long way, but there was no excitement in the last fight just because you 100% knew how it would end.

2 things that made me roll my eyes...the size difference between the two. Creed would be no more than a middleweight by any standards. And during the training montage, LOL at the supposed HW champ getting his ass kicked by some random scrub boxing in the middle of the desert.

6/10

Drago jr was no where near as menacing as Ivan Drago was in R4. Also the training montages were crap. The musical score really let this film down too. Although I did like Creeds entrance into the final fight with his gf singing, that was pretty cool. Again, my biggest criticism with this film is that it just lacks impact.

Drago jr was no where near as menacing as Ivan Drago was in R4. Also the training montages were crap. The musical score really let this film down too. Although I did like Creeds entrance into the final fight with his gf singing, that was pretty cool. Again, my biggest criticism with this film is that it just lacks impact.

Drago Jr. wasn't as menacing a personality, but the sensitivity of the character was more rewarding in the end for me. He was the first boxing antagonist since Tommy Gunn that actually felt like a real character. And he was as frightening in the ring as his father. I thought the first fight between Adonis and Viktor was executed very well and impactfully.

I agree that the score and training montages were a step down from the expected Rocky standard.

Back