Creed II Official Trailer # 2

I'm assuming you've watched the Rocky movies. If so you'll be able to jump into this one. If not, I'd watch the first Creed before watching this.
Yea course I've seen the original rocky movies. Haven't seen creed. Will have to give it a go.

Yea course I've seen the original rocky movies. Haven't seen creed. Will have to give it a go.

I liked the first Creed. Didn't have high hopes for it, but the dynamic between Stallone and Jordan was entertaining.

If they're to make Dolph Lundgren as the 'evil' Russian father (kind of like Khabib's dad lol) then that'll be a waste, some sort of redemption between the two would be great to see in Creed 2.
It's nice to see Phylicia Rashad back in part 2, that woman has been through a lot sine the Cosby scandal broke out.

If they're to make Dolph Lundgren as the 'evil' Russian father (kind of like Khabib's dad lol) then that'll be a waste, some sort of redemption between the two would be great to see in Creed 2.
It's nice to see Phylicia Rashad back in part 2, that woman has been through a lot sine the Cosby scandal broke out.

Someone presented an interesting twist to me concerning the movie today. What if Adonis Creed ends up killing Drago's son?

Someone presented an interesting twist to me concerning the movie today. What if Adonis Creed ends up killing Drago's son?

Nah, what is going to happen next then? Therapy session? And who would he fight next in the movie or the next movie?

The only way this movie works is if creed quits between rounds like his father should have, or dies in the ring ike his dad.

If he wins it's a pointless: Sons either repeat past mistakes or learn from them, creed winning does neither.

Last edited:
Nah, what is going to happen next then? Therapy session? And who would he fight next in the movie or the next movie?

Adonis feels guilt. Slips into a depressive alcoholic state not finding the answer in having beat Drago's son. Some people view him as a murderer. One guy drunkenly harasses Creed and says something that triggers him "Did killing someone bring your father back?" He loses it and assaults the guy. This incident is caught on cell phone cameras and goes viral. His hands are registered so the fault is placed with him. He does a prison bid.

Rocky and Bianca are appealing to the courts during his time in prison. While inside he meets an older and wiser Clubber Lang. Clubber helps him to control his anger, and his demons. He coaches him as he takes part in the prison boxing league. Clubber shows Adonis a new style similarly to how Apollo helped Rocky. This allows him to beat Pretty Ricky Conlan who is the league's champion, who Adonis lost to in the first movie. While this is going on fans are petitioning the government for Adonis' release and they win his appeal stating he acted in self defense.

Having been stripped of the title Adonis works a few fights and becomes the number one contender for the new champion (who I would choose to be played by Deontay Wilder). Drama unfolds, and the match is set. Adonis fights tooth and nail with him using the style Clubber had shown him and being coached by Rocky. He wins the fight.

In the post fight ring interview he catches eyes with the guy who he had fought that resulted in him being sentenced to prison. He pauses and then says how this fight was about redemption, for his career, and for him as a person. The two lock eyes and the man silently forgives him for his part and nods. The movie ends with everyone cheering as Rocky movies typically do.

This is what I've got, could make some adjustments but it's a start lol.

Last edited:
I loved Rocky 4 when I was a kid but now it's terrible. There is very little to it and the story of the small humble American beating the large heartless cheating Russian is really lame. This looks like a rehash but at least with more story leading up to it.

I loved Rocky 4 when I was a kid but now it's terrible. There is very little to it and the story of the small humble American beating the large heartless cheating Russian is really lame. This looks like a rehash but at least with more story leading up to it.

Rocky 3 was my favorite after the original.

The only way this movie works is if creed quits between rounds like his father should have, or dies in the ring ike his dad.

If he wins it's a pointless: Sons either repeat past mistakes or learn from them, creed winning does neither.
Im sure that would go over well with the audience

The boxing in the movies is unrealistic.

They are still great movies.

To be fair though, the choreography in Creed is much more realistic. It's obviously still not realistic, because that wouldn't lend itself well to film, but they did a better job, imo.

To be fair though, the choreography in Creed is much more realistic. It's obviously still not realistic, because that wouldn't lend itself well to film, but they did a better job, imo.

Absolutely. I did not too much care for the fight scenes in the Rocky films. I watched them for the story.

Watching Michael B Jordan train is interesting as well. His conditioning work is great but his boxing form is amateur at best. This is not a problem, it's just a tad funny considering he's fighting the top ranked guys in the world in the Creed storyline. Watch how he shadowboxes in this trailer. lol What was that?

Ward is in the Creed movies, have you seen him shadowbox or do bag work? Beautiful.

Review embargo is up.

Predictably, the youtuber critics like collider and Chris Stuckmann like it a lot.

The top critics don't like it so much.

73% so far. 58% among top critics only. Average score 7/10

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/creed_ii/

Not watched the first one. Is it any good?

I like a good boxing movie but they're few and far between.
Meh. Its pretty much Black Rocky. Its good, but a retread of an old story with Stallone as Mick.

Creed III will be Adonis vs. the son of Tommy Gunn, played by either Trey Morrison or James Mckenzie Morrison (both heavyweight prospects.

They've allowed LHW's to jump to HW straight away before(Roy Jones Jr), if that's what they are doing in the movie then it makes sense
Right, he was a light heavy wasnt he last fight. he could've jumped from 175 to 198-205 and be a HW while Drago is 230-240 or something...I hope they make it realistic.
Adonis feels guilt. Slips into a depressive alcoholic state not finding the answer in having beat Drago's son. Some people view him as a murderer. One guy drunkenly harasses Creed and says something that triggers him "Did killing someone bring your father back?" He loses it and assaults the guy. This incident is caught on cell phone cameras and goes viral. His hands are registered so the fault is placed with him. He does a prison bid.

Rocky and Bianca are appealing to the courts during his time in prison. While inside he meets an older and wiser Clubber Lang. Clubber helps him to control his anger, and his demons. He coaches him as he takes part in the prison boxing league. Clubber shows Adonis a new style similarly to how Apollo helped Rocky. This allows him to beat Pretty Ricky Conlan who is the league's champion, who Adonis lost to in the first movie. While this is going on fans are petitioning the government for Adonis' release and they win his appeal stating he acted in self defense.

Having been stripped of the title Adonis works a few fights and becomes the number one contender for the new champion (who I would choose to be played by Deontay Wilder). Drama unfolds, and the match is set. Adonis fights tooth and nail with him using the style Clubber had shown him and being coached by Rocky. He wins the fight.

In the post fight ring interview he catches eyes with the guy who he had fought that resulted in him being sentenced to prison. He pauses and then says how this fight was about redemption, for his career, and for him as a person. The two lock eyes and the man silently forgives him for his part and nods. The movie ends with everyone cheering as Rocky movies typically do.

This is what I've got, could make some adjustments but it's a start lol.
Not bad at all. Only adjustment would be, the registered hands thing is a myth.

Fictional or not it would be hard to say this trailer does not get you hype for November.

Not at all... I think all those modern movies suck (Creed, Southpaw, the one with Mark Wahlberg, etc...).

The few attempts to make MMA flicks failed miserably too... What was this shit movie called, Never back down? Really? They tried to make it appealing to the hipster audience. And another one with Tom Hardy... Go fuck yourself!

They lack the soul and credibility of older flicks... I'd rather watch Rocky V three times in a row than this bullcrap once.
Yea it got corny from Rocky III onwards, but it was entertaining... This guy who plays the leading character in Creed has as much charisma as a garbage bag.

There was also a good movie where Mickey Rourke played a boxer, can't recall the name now.

Last edited:
Back