Creed was a pretty good band

source.gif

They closed out one of the first concerts I ever saw...

They were...okay.

"With arms wide open..."

They had their moments

I liked One, My Sacrifice, My Own Prison, and What’s This Life For.

Some of their songs did have a very uplifting energy rather than an aggressive one like a lot of music I listened to at the time. I hated Creed in their heyday but some
Of their stuff grew on me more after the dust settled and I cared less of what was considered pop(especially when I realized that a lot of the bands I listened to that considered themselves pop killers were in the pop scene)

One of those bands that was more successful than they probably had any business being but got shit on more than they deserved to the point of becoming underrated.

Their first album was good then after that they became just another media band of the 2ks and all went to shit from there

The point at which they seemed most tolerable....

I like Torn and My Own Prison but everything else they have done sounds generic and Scott sounds like a third rate Eddie Vedder half the time.

I'm really not that big of a fan, but I've SiriusXM for about two years and I listen to Lithium (90s grunge station) about 25-30% of the time. It's kinda like a rock station in the 90s but I noticed that there was something different and missing from that station. It finally dawned on me that I have never heard a Creed song on that station. Creed is better than some of the crap they play on that station. You gotta give them that.

I wonder if it is b/c Stapp pissed off Howard Stern's wife that much

Hellloooo mah friend we meet agayyyyun!

Like a parody of Eddie Vedder he was

Scott Stapp was shit, but Mark Tremonti is legit, so is Alter Bridge.

Bullets is a bad ass song though, pretty much every tolerable creed song was only tolerable because Tremonti can shred.

meh, this is like the unmitigated hatred Nickelback gets.
both have had decent songs, their persona just negates any value they
might have had.

They had some good songs. Tremonti is a pretty good guitar player too.

I'm not into the whole Christian thing they had going, but I can't deny I enjoyed some of their stuff.

Scott Stapp has great vocals.

He is widely imitated.

Calling him an Eddie Vedder clone doesn’t seem justified.

Creed Shreds is underrated.

Back