Criminally underrated movies that deserve more praise?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I always felt that “The Wolfman” (2010) was a fantastic remake. I never understood why this movie wasn’t more popular. One of the best transformation scenes even to this day.

“Gangs of New York” (2002) epic period drama in my opinion. One of the few films, if any, where DDL was outclassed in the acting department by a young DiCaprio.

“Gangs of New York” (2002) epic period drama in my opinion. One of the few films, if any, where DDL was outclassed in the acting department by a young DiCaprio.

fgrfg.gif

p27466_v_v8_aa.jpg

Not that I've ever heard anything bad about this movie it's just that I never hear anything at all and I thought it was great. I love the ending which is usually what ruins a lot of movies for me.

I always felt that “The Wolfman” (2010) was a fantastic remake. I never understood why this movie wasn’t more popular. One of the best transformation scenes even to this day.

The Wolfman is pretty good, I agree

The screenplay in particular is outstanding

I think it suffered just from not being scary/intense enough, it has more of that classic campy horror feel

Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead doesn't seem to get much mention and I thought it was great. Good story, great cast, strong acting.

Serendipity because 2001 Kate Beckinsale.

images

Then I saw "Miramax". Harvey probably went balls deep and made Kate drink all of it.

Now I'm sad.

But hard.

I'm probably the only one alive that considers 'Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within' the best movie of 2001.

finalfantasy-thespiritswithin.jpg

The CGI was breathtaking for that year, and 17 years later, it still holds up.

The voiceacting was good, not great, but good. The facial animation wasn't as good as it should have been, but this was the first time an all-CGI film had been attempted with people as opposed to kids movies with toys (Toy Story). For some reason, the animators spent an insane amount of time getting the character's hair perfect.

The story was quite good for a japanese scifi flick.

If you haven't seen it, check it out on BluRay. It was far ahead of its time.

Boondock saints. Story, action, comedy.

187– beastly cinematography and soundtrack

511DPVBW51L._SY445_.jpg

If you like ancient battle type movies and don't love this then you can go and fuck yourself with a cactus.

Its flawless in this genre IMO.

Some good ones here already. Here's some stuff some of you may not be too familiar with

Downloading Nancy - Maria Bello is an extremely depressed woman who goes online and hires a guy to kill her.

Edmond - William H Macy goes mental.

Stuck - Mena Suvari fails drivers ED. Inspired by a pretty fucked up true story.

Black Snake Moan - Christina Ricci chained up in her panties, a more well known movie I think. But if you haven't watched it you are in for a treat.

The Taint - Possibly the stupidest movie I have ever seen. Must watch stoned.

Red Cliff 1 and 2 were fucking excellent

2046 was way too long but still interesting

The Divide (2011), excellent film about people trapped in a bunker after a nuclear strike. Things go to shit so quickly.

I always thought that "bathtub time machine" was extremely hilarious

Megamind as well.

On the Star Wars franchise, I thought Rogue One was pretty good and I didn't get the hate towards it. It was the best of the Star Wars new movies

Back