Criminally underrated movies that deserve more praise?

51rsEy1awFL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

As a big Heat fan this was like getting to see the story retold in a different era.

There are a lot of Korean films that just outdo American films. They can bring the whòle story but deliver it with more emotion towards the characters and more realism. Even when the whole idea of the movie is ridiculous. Miracle on cell block 6 for example. It is almost a slapstick type comedy. Cheesey characters. A bit of an unreal story line. But fuck me. If you can watch that film and not be shaken to the ground and teared right up, you are not human.

Yessss!!

I think everybody was expecting a movie about Cloud or someone similar, and turned off to this one when they saw he was MIA.

I really liked this movie.

I think this movie flopped because critics thought it was based off the videogames, and fans of the games expected it to be based on the games.

If it wasn't named Final Fantasy, I wonder if it would have been better recieved without the pre-judgements and expectations based on the title alone.

And, from what I remember, it was barely marketed for its North America release, and the TV trailers weren't particularly good.

In my opinion, its the best movie that royally flopped.

Probably been mentioned but:
51njhe6UBEL.jpg

I think this movie flopped because critics thought it was based off the videogames, and fans of the games expected it to be based on the games.

If it wasn't named Final Fantasy, I wonder if it would have been better recieved without the pre-judgements and expectations based on the title alone.

And, from what I remember, it was barely marketed for its North America release, and the TV trailers weren't particularly good.

In my opinion, its the best movie that royally flopped.

That's a very good point.

Yeah, I agree, if it had been named something else and had better marketing I think it would have garnered way more success. It was a stunning movie, especially for the its time.

People wanted to see actual Chocobos. lol

Nobody ever talks about True Romance. One of the best movies I've ever seen. NSFW video below. Great exchange between two amazing actors.

There are a lot of Korean films that just outdo American films. They can bring the whòle story but deliver it with more emotion towards the characters and more realism. Even when the whole idea of the movie is ridiculous. Miracle on cell block 6 for example. It is almost a slapstick type comedy. Cheesey characters. A bit of an unreal story line. But fuck me. If you can watch that film and not be shaken to the ground and teared right up, you are not human.

It has to deal with the concepts of han and jeong that are universal to the roots of those films.

Yessss!!

I think everybody was expecting a movie about Cloud or someone similar, and turned off to this one when they saw he was MIA.

I really liked this movie.

That movie was garbage. Advent Children was light years better.

dead poets society

Any of Robin Williams’ dramatic stuff before Good Will Hunting is pretty underrated. The World According to Garp, The Fisher King, Awakenings, Moscow on the Hudson.

I know right? DiCaprio is probably the most overrated actor of our generation.

No, DiCaprio developed into a great actor. But even at his peak, he pales in comparison to DDL.

I give DiCaprio his due, though I consider him to be a piece of shit, off-screen.

That movie was garbage. Advent Children was light years better.

Spirits Within has a coherent plot at least.

Advent Children had an epic finale, which didn't require to know what was going on, to enjoy.

No, DiCaprio developed into a great actor. But even at his peak, he pales in comparison to DDL.

I give DiCaprio his due, though I consider him to be a piece of shit, off-screen.

Leo is an amazing actor. He made Romeo and Juliet an entertaining story. I haven't had one literature teacher that has been able to do that in all my years, minus the ones who showed that version of it. lol

Back