Cris Cyborg: 'Amanda Nunes Knows My Name Sells Pay-Per-Views'

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"Amanda fought Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate with big pay-per-view numbers," Cyborg explained when speaking to FloCombat. "The reality though is that the UFC promoted her opponents more than her, and after having to fight on her own brand she struggled to sell 100,000 pay-per-views against (Valentina) Shevchenko.

"Amanda knows my name sells pay-per-views, and without it her brand isn’t strong enough to sell enough pay-per-views to reach her bonus incentives in her contract."

"Amanda knows my name sells pay-per-views, and without it her brand isn’t strong enough to sell enough pay-per-views to reach her bonus incentives in her contract."

"I have three fights remaining on my UFC contract, and one of them will be Amanda Nunes," Cyborg said. "I am going to let my manager negotiate when and where that fight happens. If the UFC feels she is the next Conor McGregor, then I think the fight needs to happen on one of the blockbuster 2018 fight cards.

"The UFC paid Ronda Rousey $3 million dollars to fight Amanda Nunes, and Miesha got to fight Amanda as a main event with Brock Lesnar fighting on her pay-per-view.

"I would like that same type of exposure if I’m fighting her ahead of the girls at 145 pounds," Cyborg concluded. "People forget Amanda Nunes was TKO’d by Alexis Davis at 145. She wasn’t a champ in Invicta or Strikeforce."

https://www.flocombat.com/articles/...manda-nunes-knows-my-name-sells-pay-per-views

Cyborg on some McGregor shit...

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) looks to have returned some impressive numbers for the UFC 219: “Cyborg vs. Holm” pay-per-view (PPV) event, which took place last month (Dec. 30, 2017) inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, featuring “Prelims” on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

UFC 219 was headlined by the women’s featherweight title fight pitting reigning division queenpin Cris Cyborg opposite former women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm. Elsewhere on the card, Khabib Nurmagomedov reclaimed his spot in the 155-pound title chase by destroying Brazilian striker Edson Barboza.

The result was 340,000 to 380,000 PPV buys, according to MMA Fighting, based on preliminary returns. That figure would suggest — much like this did — that female fighters can draw sizable numbers without Ronda Rousey, who walked away from combat sports roughly one year back.

Last edited:
Let her go to Bellator and fold the division

Any time Cyroid says anything my day gets slightly worse.

Why's Cyborg acting like people bought PPVs to watch her? They bought it to watch Holm and Khabib.

Put her against Leslie Smith on a PPV and see if it sells 10k. <OKC16>

I don't have the numbers in front of me but I can't imagine Cyborg is a draw in any sense of the word lol

Why's Cyborg acting like people bought PPVs to watch her? They bought it to watch Holm and Khabib.

Put her against Leslie Smith on a PPV and see if it sells 10k. <OKC16>

Lmao nobody bought it to watch Khabib. You're delusional. And the last Holly ppv bombed. The draw of the card was Cyborg v. Legit opponent.

Cyborg isn't a draw.

Two events she's on do good numbers and now she thinks she sells?

Just no.

UFC 214 did great because of Jones v DC only, UFC 219 did 350k mostly because of Holly.

That's like Amanda claiming the two PPVs she headlined did over a million because of her and not Ronda and Brock. But when headlined vs Val with a weak maincard, the event did 100k.

Holly who is like 1-5 or something since Ronda. Please.

I knew Cyborg haters would lose their shit when she acknowledged she’s numero uno draw in WMMA by a wide margin now that Ronda bowed out.

I love that 350k buys is some sort of huge accomplishment in MMA. Rich Franklin did that three times in the same year in non title fights, and now there's Cyborg claiming she's some sort of a draw with it.

Holly who is like 1-5 or something since Ronda. Please.

I knew Cyborg haters would lose their shit when she acknowledged she’s numero uno draw in WMMA by a wide margin now that Ronda bowed out.
Like being the tallest midget. WMMA doesn't draw

Rousey did. That was it.

Lmao nobody bought it to watch Khabib. You're delusional. And the last Holly ppv bombed. The draw of the card was Cyborg v. Legit opponent.

Yeah 200k against a <FookIsThatGuy> in GDR is "bombing". <YeahOKJen>

Put Holm against anyone with a name like Cyborg and you have a 300k plus PPV. Like it or not Khabib sells. Wait for Tony/Khabib PPV doing 500k.

She did pretty well at 219
I'm calling this the leftover Rousey effect. People who wanted to like WMMA but truly only cared about Rousey had heard of Holm (person who beat Ronda) and Cyborg (person who was hyped as Ronda's top comp for years) and this was their last ditch effort to continue watching WMMA in a post-Ronda world. Cyborg will never match these numbers again. (unless Ronda comes out of retirement which would be huge for the UFC)

I'm so not into complainers. What's her constant issue with everything about? Self guilt? Too much sparring with men? I don't know how she's gonna make it 3 more fights under USADA'$ watchful eye anyway. Good luck to her.. I'll still watch

Back