Cris Cyborg doesn’t want to fight Amanda Nunes ‘because Brazil vs. Brazil is not cool’

Agreed, and I already pointed out that I don't think Cyborg is afraid of Nunes. But signalling that you don't want this fight before it's even brought up is sort of a big deal given it is one of very few fights for Cyborg that makes sense (along with Holm). Which bantamweight should she fight instead? Bethe? And there are no 145ers available.

Like you, I'd like to see this fight. I think it'd be competitive for the first round or two, but Cyborg's size and strength would wear Nunes down by the third. Of course, that depends on the weight it's fought at. The closer to Nunes' weight class the better her chances get imo.
And Cyborg already said she's not even doing 140 anymore, so it's the same old Ronda situation where the 135 Champ is going to have to want to move up to face her. Like Ronda, I don't see Nunes jumping at that chance as long as she is champ. Actually, when has a champ ever moved up a weight class to challenge the bigger champ besides McGregor*? So I think the situation would have to be that Nunes loses a couple times, is out of the 135 picture and UFC asks her to go up and fight Cyborg at 145. Basically like the situation Holly is in right now. Until then, assuming Holly backs out, they're just going to have to go out and find more Evingers until the Andersons, GDRs, and Hollys of the world feel like it's in their interest (get paid more) to take the fight.

*Not that I give him any credit for it.

When I see someone has been here a year and has that many posts, knows who posted what on a ten page thread, I know their bitterness runs deep and there's no point in arguing.

In other words, you have no argument. You could've saved yourself some character space and just said so.

You're right, Cyborg is scared, she's ducking, and every girl she hasn't fought would beat her.

Cyborg is scared of legitimate competition, yes. That's why she's fighting the likes of Lina Lansberg, Leslie Smith, and Tonya Evinger. That's why she's content staying at 145, where talent doesn't exist.

Lina Cansberg defeated Maria Hougaard Djursaa who defeated Jorina Baars, therefore Lina is great competition for Cyborg.

This is a good game:

Bethe beat Paes who beat Cyborg so Bethe would be a great opponent for Cris

Cindy Dandois beat Baars who .............. hang on, no, forget that, stupid game

This is a good game:

Bethe beat Paes who beat Cyborg so Bethe would be a great opponent for Cris

Cindy Dandois beat Baars who .............. hang on, no, forget that, stupid game
Cindy might be the strikingless WMMA GOAT. She would have to fight Rin to determine that however.

You didn't see any problem with Cyborg assaulting someone, so you're not exactly an impartial or rational judge. 'Don't really see a problem with this.' You don't see a problem with the supposed female GOAT saying she's going to avoid a fight with one of the best females in the sport? Of course you don't. You don't see a problem with Cyborg fighting an 8-6 BW opponent, either. Cyborg's insanely idiotic fanbase doesn't see a lot of things -- intentionally.
Cris probably sees Amanda saying she doesn't want to fight her as a sign of respect. Saying she doesn't want to fight Amanda either is returning that respect.

But that's not all she said.

She also said that if it came down to it, she would fight her. So I believe you are the one who is only seeing what they want to see.

Cyborg rarely fights anyone in her own class, so it matters much more than it does with most other fighters. Her last fight at FW was against a woman whose entire career was at BW except the one or two fights she took at flyweight. Prior to that Cyborg fought two long time bantamweights at a catchweight.

So it is reasonable to peruse the rankings at bantamweight to find her next match up, because that's exactly what Cyborg is doing.
and were any of those women the champion at 135? Cyborg can't make 135 and Nunes is not moving up.

Plus she said she would do it but doesn't want to.

Chris probably sees Amanda saying she doesn't want to fight her as a sign of respect. Saying she doesn't want to fight Amanda either is returning that respect.

She also said that if it came down to it, she would fight her. So I believe you are the one who is only seeing what they want to see.

They're just looking for excuses to justify their misguided hatred for Cyborg. It doesn't matter who Cyborg beats...they will always campaign against her cause she keeps all the other girls grounded.

Chris probably sees Amanda saying she doesn't want to fight her as a sign of respect. Saying she doesn't want to fight Amanda either is returning that respect.

Except Cyborg said she didn't want to fight Amanda Nunes along time ago.

'what they want to see' I'm seeing exactly what she said. Did Cyborg say that she wasn't interested in the fight? Yes. Did Cyborg say she was going to avoid the fight? Yes. She would fight her, but she isn't going to do anything to make it happen. In fact, she's going to take steps to avoid it just to ensure that it doesn't.

They're just looking for excuses to justify their misguided hatred for Cyborg. It doesn't matter who Cyborg beats...they will always campaign against her cause she keeps all the other girls grounded.
I think a lot of these Cyborg haters are displaced Ronda fans who are trying as hard as they can to refute the consensus of most people that Cyborg is the best and always had been. (See Big Muff and his tiresome 'Cyborg has no resume' posts and @Foolidge's shotgun scatter of hate and stupidity in every Cyborg thread.)

Except Cyborg said she didn't want to fight Amanda Nunes along time ago.

'what they want to see' I'm seeing exactly what she said. Did Cyborg say that she wasn't interested in the fight? Yes. Did Cyborg say she was going to avoid the fight? Yes. She would fight her, but she isn't going to do anything to make it happen. In fact, she's going to take steps to avoid it just to ensure that it doesn't.
Calm down dude, she said she doesn't want to fight her but she will if she has to. That's pretty common in sports for athletes to say that about a friend who is also their competitor. But you don't actually know anything about sports, you just hang out here for some reason like a wart.

I think a lot of these Cyborg haters are displaced Ronda fans who are trying as hard as they can to refute the consensus of most people that Cyborg is the best and always had been. (See Big Muff and his tiresome 'Cyborg has no resume' posts and @Foolidge's shotgun scatter of hate and stupidity in every Cyborg thread.)

I've already debunked that narrative time and time again.

Calm down dude, she said she doesn't want to fight her but she will if she has to. That's pretty common in sports for athletes to say that about a friend who is also their competitor. But you don't actually know anything about sports, you just hang out here for some reason like a wart.

Plenty of things are common in sports, genius. That doesn't mean anything. Steroid use is common. Cheating is common. Ducking potential opponents is common (see: this thread). It's also quite common in sports for friends and compatriots to put aside their friendships and nationalistic tendencies and fight each other. Cyborg did that when she was first starting out as a fighter in Brazil. She can do that now.

"I’d fight Amanda, but I have no interest in fighting her,” Cyborg said during a media day in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. "We’re two Brazilians, and that would ‘kill' one Brazilian. Why kill one if we’re representing the same country? It’s us against the world."

"But if it’s an interesting fight for the fans, if they want this one day, we can do it,” Cyborg said. "It’s like ‘Claudinha’ (Gadelha) fighting Jessica (Andrade at UFC Japan). I don’t think it would be cool because we’re Brazilians, but I’d do it. I would avoid it, because Brazil vs Brazil is not cool, and I think fans would be split."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/...d-fight-with-fellow-ufc-champion-amanda-nunes

<Dana05>
Lol! All I heard was QUACK!

Oh really? And how exactly did you do that?

By posting facts and providing evidence, like I always do.

Ronda Rousey fans employ the same intellectually dishonest arguments to reconcile the nice, respectful woman they imagine her as with the nasty, mean-spirited, spiteful person she really is (or presents herself to be). You're in virtually the same state of denial that they are, just with a different fighter. Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones both came off nicely during their season of TUF. Were the editors slacking off that time?

Sounds just like a fan.

Now I know for sure that you are stupid.

That's not an argument. But, just for the record: I had you pegged as an idiot the moment you posted. Cyborg said she's going to avoid fighting Amanda Nunes. That's a fact.

That's not an argument. But, just for the record: I had you pegged as an idiot the moment you posted. Cyborg said she's going to avoid fighting Amanda Nunes. That's a fact.
She said she would fight her. That's a fact

Back