Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm for UFC women’s featherweight title official for UFC 219 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Holm typically does well against aggressive opponents. Cyborg is durable though so I’ll take Holly by UD.

Absolutely,its not Cris fault or nor even the rest of the fighters.
Well...
Germaine de Randaime is kind of guilty....o_O
On that I agree.
But then again, even if you add GDR, the division only has Cyborg (and would have GDR & Holm, but both moved down).
You can't build a division like this.... they needed to add (at least) a dozen or so fighters. SO far, AFAIK, they didn't add any!

A woman who is 1-3 in her last 4 fights is getting another title shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
On that I agree.
But then again, even if you add GDR, the division only has Cyborg (and would have GDR & Holm, but both moved down).
You can't build a division like this.... they needed to add (at least) a dozen or so fighters. SO far, AFAIK, they didn't add any!

The UFC is completely to blame here. There are plenty of 145ers out there, not to the quality that 115 is, but certainly enough to fill a division. They're literally just using Cyborg to make money here with as little payout as possible

The UFC is completely to blame here. There are plenty of 145ers out there, not to the quality that 115 is, but certainly enough to fill a division. They're literally just using Cyborg to make money here with as little payout as possible
I agree.
they signed her just so she wouldn't go to Bellator IMO.
But once she was under contract, they made no move to build this division.
It is clear that the only fighter they wanted was Cyborg.

Holm counter strikes Cyborg into lala land in the 3rd.

I agree.
they signed her just so she wouldn't go to Bellator IMO.
But once she was under contract, they made no move to build this division.
It is clear that the only fighter they wanted was Cyborg.
They didnt even sign Megan from Invicta until GDR left them with no one else to fight Cyborg (except Holly, who they're already back to)

I think Holm has the style to do it. Cyborg is the favorite of course but not by that much.

The loser gets an immediate rematch because there's no-one else in the division, LOL!

They didnt even sign Megan from Invicta until GDR left them with no one else to fight Cyborg (except Holly, who they're already back to)
That's the thing though.
They "stole" two divisions from invicta. WHy didn't they simply get that one for them???

That's the thing though.
They "stole" two divisions from invicta. WHy didn't they simply get that one for them???
Cause they dont really want a FW division, just a "Cyborg vs Big Names" division with a belt to help hype it

Cause they dont really want a FW division, just a "Cyborg vs Big Names" division with a belt to help hype it
WHile I agree with you on that's what they probably had in mind... what really big name they have?
Holm lost 3 straight and "lucked out" beating Betch. So while she is still living under the "beat Ronda" fame, IMO it is not that a great reason to have her fight for a belt in a division she already lost an undeserving title shot not long ago...

And beyond her, there are no names anymore...
Ronda is out
Tate is out.
Nunes won't fight each other (that stupid "Brazilian" thing - that we have to respect though)...

I would much rather have her fight unknown girls they bring to her division, than pulling girls with not so great records from the division below...
Because this way they would be (at least) building up a division.
As it is, it is just all around bad!

That devalues everyone. Cyborg, the belt and the UFC.

To all the cucks who whined about Diaz vs Woodley: enjoy this shitfight !

Except it wasn't delayed but don't let the facts get in the way of your hatin'. Hate on bro, someone's got to do it since @Coolidge is too chickenshit to own up to his lies and BS and is running scared because, (if he wasn't dumb enough account betting McGregor over Mayweather--And finding a way to weasel out of it) now he's bet Holm over Cyborg, loser leaves for six months. Ain't that right @Coolidge.

Wait, he account bet, taking McGregor over Mayweather?

Loooool this guy is even more dumb than I thought

WHile I agree with you on that's what they probably had in mind... what really big name they have?
Holm lost 3 straight and "lucked out" beating Betch. So while she is still living under the "beat Ronda" fame, IMO it is not that a great reason to have her fight for a belt in a division she already lost an undeserving title shot not long ago...

And beyond her, there are no names anymore...
Ronda is out
Tate is out.
Nunes won't fight each other (that stupid "Brazilian" thing - that we have to respect though)...

I would much rather have her fight unknown girls they bring to her division, than pulling girls with not so great records from the division below...
Because this way they would be (at least) building up a division.
As it is, it is just all around bad!

That devalues everyone. Cyborg, the belt and the UFC.

I would agree, and yet you can see on various social media about this announcement a lot of people are seemingly excited about this fight and I have seen numerous calls for Cat Zigano to face her despite similar poor form of late. Maybe McMann will be pitched at some point or Pennington/Pena/Moras depending on where they are in the BW title picture vs their name value (even if not "big" per se) from being on TUF (which the UFC probably couldnt even get 16 FWs for their own season) All in all enough for a decent number of fights without actually signing anyone new (barring the latest minute Invicta fighter to fill-in as needed)

What are the odds? I'm putting 50 on Holm.

I have the 5 month account bet with Coolidge. We didn't specify anything about testing positive just the end result of the fight, If someone tests positive and wins I guess it's a no contest and bet is off. Whatever I don't think it's gonna happen though, it's more just you hoping and grasping at straws because Cyborg is the GOAT and Usada is the only way she can take an L. You know it too. <OKC16>

Bless you, Coolidge is a dimwit, so I thank you for arranging this.

Back