Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm for UFC women’s featherweight title official for UFC 219 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I would agree, and yet you can see on various social media about this announcement a lot of people are seemingly excited about this fight and I have seen numerous calls for Cat Zigano to face her despite similar poor form of late. Maybe McMann will be pitched at some point or Pennington/Pena/Moras depending on where they are in the BW title picture vs their name value (even if not "big" per se) from being on TUF (which the UFC probably couldnt even get 16 FWs for their own season) All in all enough for a decent number of fights without actually signing anyone new (barring the latest minute Invicta fighter to fill-in as needed)
you are probably right... though I hate how they abuse the "names" of girls like Mann, Pennington & etc... I mean, they couldn't even beat Ronda, and most of them are not even that active or would be contenders in their own division...
Cyborg already has the stigma of beating smaller fighters... bringing girls that are not even the top of the lower division doesn't help anyone.

Oh well.... we should have known they would screw things over...

Wait, he account bet, taking McGregor over Mayweather?

Loooool this guy is even more dumb than I thought
Yeah, I couldn't believe he even admitted it. Apparently he begged for his account and the guy took pity on him. Hopefully @Hades86 will see to it that @Coolidge serves the full 5 month ban.

Yeah, I couldn't believe he even admitted it. Apparently he begged for his account and the guy took pity on him. Hopefully @Hades86 will see to it that @Coolidge serves the full 5 month ban.

No wonder he is siding with Colby running to the police #confirmedbitch

Love this fight. Would like to see Holly win this one

If Cyborg dominates Holly, nobody will ever fight her

Cyborg should win easily, Holly struggles with decent strikers. She was struggling with Bethe of all people lol.

She wasn't struggling at all. She just wouldn't commit to anything because she's a counter fighter and was waiting for Bethe to come forward.

You'd rather Cyborg fight another no-name then? Fair enough but I'm happy she's finally getting a decent opponent.
Kind of hard to make any names if you don't build a division and let prospects fight their way towards a titleshot. The division has had only two titlefights so far, first picking two BWs seemingly at random, then finally trying the Invicta FW champ at least before settling for the Invicta BW champ when they had no one else to fill in. Now they're back to one of the seemingly random BWs they picked the first time, but the one who lost at that

Last edited:
Kind of hard to make any names if you don't build a division and let prospects fight their way towards a titleshot. The division has had only two titlefights so far, first picking to BWs seemingly at random, then finally trying to the Invicta FW champ at least before settling for the Invicta BW champ when they had no one else to fill in. Now they're back to one of the seemingly random BWs they picked the first time, but the one who lost at that

There is no one to fill this stupid-ass wasteland of talent mistakenly called a division.

There is no one to fill this stupid-ass wasteland of talent mistakenly called a division.
Lol, it's definitely paper thin, but Bellator signed a couple fw fighters this summer and Invicta has a few names they could have tried to start making into something if they really wanted

Lol, it's definitely paper thin, but Bellator signed a couple fw fighters this summer and Invicta has a few names they could have tried to start making into something if they really wanted

Dude, have you watched them fight? It is with regret that I need to say no more.

This is an awesome fight and I hope holly can be the more technical of the two and decision her or knock her out. Regardless it's a sweet fight.

But it should be at max co main, surely this isn't main event worthy? When are they trying to do the nate tyron fight for?

LOL! Cyborg and Holly is a much more intriguing fight and a fight way more people would want to see. No-one likes or cares about Woodley and Nate isn't a proven draw outside of the Conor fights. Nate/Woodley is a co-headliner at best.

To all the cucks who whined about Diaz vs Woodley: enjoy this shitfight !

There's plenty more people keen for this fight than for Woodley vs anyone really.

This is one of the best and most intriguing women's fights there is.

Why is the word cuck thrown around here so often? Most people apparently don't even know what it means, including you.

She wasn't struggling at all. She just wouldn't commit to anything because she's a counter fighter and was waiting for Bethe to come forward.
She was definitely struggling. She has struggled against every decent striker she has fought in the UFC.

Back