CRKT Pharoah

D Train

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This knife was designed by Allen Elishewitz and produced by CRKT. It retails for around $120, but I picked it up at Steep and Cheap for $40. I got it as an EDC, but I think it may be too large. I'll try it for a few days and se how it works for me. The blade is 3.6 inches and weighs in at a hefty 7 oz. I've posted my current EDC (Buck Nobleman) for comparison. It came out of the box sharp as all Hell and has a very smooth mechanism. It features CRKT's autoLAWKS system as well as a thumb safety. Obviously I opted for for the non-combo blade. I prefer that for EDC.
Let me know if you've got any questions.
photo-7.jpg

photo-8.jpg

Well, I was right. It doesn't work very well for me as an EDC. It's not the size so much as the weight. I was so impressed with the quiality of the knife that I picked up another model by CRKT, the M16 02. I'll post some pics when it gets here.

Is the weight really that big of a deal? I use a SOG Aegis as my EDC (think its around 3.6oz.) but I'm not sure how much adding a few ounces would matter to me.

It really surprised me. I mean, it's not unbearable, but it would take some getting used to. At least for me. I also think if it was slimmer it would carry better. As it is, when you put your hand in your pocket, you definately know it's there.
All that said, I still think it's a beautifully designed knife and well built.

It really surprised me. I mean, it's not unbearable, but it would take some getting used to. At least for me. I also think if it was slimmer it would carry better. As it is, when you put your hand in your pocket, you definately know it's there.
All that said, I still think it's a beautifully designed knife and well built.

So more of a bag knife (e.g. to take fishing or hunting) rather then an EDC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaw44
Back