Cro Cop loses by submission (neck crank)

I'm guessing a body choke. Hips off the floor, all weight into cro cop. Strangled his lungs.

Yeah, it's not a neck crank. That move puts serious pressure on your rib cage, it's a legit submission.

Mirko fans were p4p the most annoying back in the days.

His instant decline into nothingness brought me much pleasure.

Yeah, it's not a neck crank. That move puts serious pressure on your rib cage, it's a legit submission.

Indeed.
Torax compression. You get suffocated.

And 3, 2, 1... before a whitebelt comes in here and says CroCop should've never tapped and should've taken Oleinik's back.

Indeed.
Torax compression. You get suffocated.

And 3, 2, 1... before a whitebelt comes in here and says CroCop should've never tapped and should've taken Oleinik's back.

Still, looks like a pretty low percentage move, just based on the fact that, well, I've never seen it in mma before.

That leg being straight is the key to that whole move. Good on whoever that guy is for having a vicious kesa. I'm gonna have to give this a shot myself, even though I'm just a featherweight.

I'm calling work.

I made a thread in the contenders about this being a dive by Cro Cop. It got deleted. He's either fallen to the point of zero grappling ability, or he took a dive.

His last fight before this was a worked pro-wrestling shoot under IGF that they tried to pass off as a real fight as well.

Arm wasn't trapped... Clear it, pendulum out, safety

Notice how many times oli looks to cc during all that?

Lol just lol

And no it's not a legit sub. Let's see some relatively modern examples of it. Kk. Thanks

And no it's not a legit sub. Let's see some relatively modern examples of it. Kk. Thanks

Are you saying this because you were put in that specific sub and you were able to escape easily?

Or are you just being like "yeah, I'm sure I'd do better than Crocop against that Sambo champion"?

forget about the neck crank, look at how easily he let Oleinik pass his guard.
i have seen bjj white belt defend better and Crocop has 10+ years of ground training.

Werdum was present at the event and was also his trainer in Croatia, and i am sure he facepalmed.

It hurts the heart to see old Pride stars aging.

Just retire ffs :icon_cry2

I think it's also in DanTheWolfman's first Kesa Gatame video. You could try it with one of your training buddies and see if it works. I know it does on me, i cant breathe when my judo instructor does that to me.:( (note i'm only a green belt and not the fittest). The most important part is the weight on the thorax, crushing the lungs. It gets worse if you have your hand opposite to the pin, trapped across your chess under his body. It's not instant submission but it works. I think it's common in judo, minus the head pulling. You have a chance to apply crashing weight on the opponent in makura kesa gatame.

I thought Mirko looked pretty good besides getting his guard passed I thought he was doing good. I am sure if he could have held out for 20 more seconds he would have. Something must have been up that he had to tap.

I thought Mirko looked pretty good besides getting his guard passed I thought he was doing good. I am sure if he could have held out for 20 more seconds he would have. Something must have been up that he had to tap.

I don't doubt that he was feeling that chest compression enough to tap, but it does look like if he had been more aware he might have been able to escape. His right elbow slipped free a good 5 or 6 seconds before he tapped, and he really wasn't using his left arm at all - it should have either been linked with his right around Oleinik's floating ribs so he could attempt to bridge and get underneath him, or else he should have been using it to push off of Oleinik's face while turning to his side and either pulling on the back of Oleinik's elbow or just looking to get his own right elbow to the floor (since it was no longer being controlled).

As far from his prime as he is I think Crocop may just be going through the motions to some degree.

Last edited:
Are you saying this because you were put in that specific sub and you were able to escape easily?

Or are you just being like "yeah, I'm sure I'd do better than Crocop against that Sambo champion"?
Been there...

Lol, nice necro. Always fun to see how certain some people can be about things they know little about. Time makes fools of us all.

Back