Cro Cop says he was the only guy that had the balls to fight a prime Bob Sapp

oh, it is so obvious.
He is the only fighter with a record like that who is still a draw. It would have run out for anyone else. He doesnt even pretend to try to win.
It's sad as he's managed to get by on his potential and general beastlyness for the last 5 plus years. He's still booked and goes down at the very first sign of trouble. I guess it was the easy way through. Sad mentality for an incredible athlete like that.. his genetics are literally 1 in a billion

It's sad as he's managed to get by on his potential and general beastlyness for the last 5 plus years. He's still booked and goes down at the very first sign of trouble. I guess it was the easy way through. Sad mentality for an incredible athlete like that.. his genetics are literally 1 in a billion
id put him in that class with Hafthor and Brian Shaw. Huge, still agile. He is one in a billion, ya. There might be seven guys like that, lol.

Brock Lesnar was a prolific combat sportsman prior to ever stepping foot in a UFC cage.
He was also a prolific break dancer.

2nkigc9.gif

There's a tiny, hole-in-the wall video game store by me. They used to have a Bob Sapp/BEAST slot machine. So random.

I never knew there was a "prime" Sapp. I always assumed "Sapp was Sapp" based on his ENTIRE fighting career.

Bob won a K-1 tournament he was a literal beast standing knocking out Ernesto hoost twice so early was fucking insane people don't understand what that meant at the time.

From 2002-to 2005 Bob really fought and hurt guys with very little experience using raw power super effectively .

At the end of 2005 he was 10-6 in kickboxing and 8-2-1 in MMA not bad at all.Like crocop mentioned after he knocked out Hoost twice no one wanted to fight him he was legit the first Black Beast.

Man, these JMMA/K1 guys are just delusional. Gotta wonder if they knew a lot of it was a work or if they're just that stupid.

K1 is an organization that let Sean O'Haire come in & fight their champion in Musashi. That'd be like if CM Punk came into the UFC & immediately fought Woodley. Nuff said.

or like if James Toney came in to fight Randy Couture...

Instead of getting pissed off go ask Ernesto Hoost yourself about Bob Sapp, Hoost talk about those fights in every single interview, he is obsessed with it, he knows that losing to Bob Sapp it's the lowest point of his career.

That he lost to him twice tells you pretty obviously that Sapp was a legit fighter, not a higher skilled one perhaps but skilled enough to put freakish power and for a big man agility to good use, Might Hoost have won with different tactics? perhaps but this wasn't some freakish upset.

Sorry but for someone who claims knowledge of MMA you seem to love parrot some really simplistic newbie arguments. Recently especially rubbishing Sapp whilst proclaiming evolution of MMA when someone like Ngannou rises to the top doesn't make much sense.

Probably correct in that Sapp isn't being specifically paid to loose, just that he's not prepared to take any kind of punishment at all to win and promoters know this.

Last edited:
That he lost to him twice tells you pretty obviously that Sapp was a legit fighter, not a higher skilled one perhaps but skilled enough to put freakish power and for a big man agility to good use, Might Hoost have won with different tactics? perhaps but this wasn't some freakish upset.

Sorry but for someone who claims knowledge of MMA you seem to love parrot some really simplistic newbie arguments. Recently especially rubbishing Sapp whilst proclaiming evolution of MMA when someone like Ngannou rises to the top doesn't make much sense.
So true lol.

Prime Sapp demolishes Ngannou with ease. Ngannou is just a smaller, weaker Bob Sapp with worse TDD.

Sapp was taking punches from Hoost though.

Honestly I wonder whether Sapp was actually on amphetamines or something in those fights, the difference between the toughness he showed vs Hoost and indeed against Nog escaping from bad positions and the way he fought post Crocop was freakish.

When exactly was this "prime"????

Around the time he crushed Hoost, one of greatest kickboxers of all time.

Sapp became a joke, but there was a time when he was serious, ridiculously power and had a massive weight advantage over the other heavyweights

Dude, mma and K1 are new sports born in 1993.

Believe what you want, but don't tell me i am the one delusional because you are the one that believe in fairy tales and you are the one obsessed with old fighters from Pride.

I never knew there was a "prime" Sapp. I always assumed "Sapp was Sapp" based on his ENTIRE fighting career.
He started throwing fights after mirko fucked his eye up. There was times in the hoost fights where hoost hurt the guy,and dropped him w body shot but sapp got up and fought on. Wed never really see that from him again. Aerts hit him w one knee and dude quit

Back