Cro Cop's heir apparent has arrived

We already had our hearts broken with Goran Reljic.

Honestly, for me this has nothing to do with him being from the Balkans, and 100% to do with his style.

He could be from Mongolia and I'd still be drawing the same comparisons.

Chip of the ol’ Cop

No. Zaromskis ran through the DREAM WW tourney with brutal head kicks. So naturally, people think of CroCop.

15g5iir.gif

e1f2xh.gif

5yt7o3.gif

But his style wasn’t like CroCops

...yeah, i remember dream. obviously. since i posted about zelg galesic. who fought in dream. and was the one compared to mirko and called "mini crocop." who was also croation and trained with mirko, iirc...

i never heard of zaromskis compared to mirko ever before this thread, so...

...yeah, i remember dream. obviously. since i posted about zelg galesic. who fought in dream. and was the one compared to mirko and called "mini crocop." who was also croation and trained with mirko, iirc...

There wasn’t any analytical comparisons but CroCop was invoked during the spree. It’s not about style so much as head kick finishes, especially a string of them like Z had, naturally provoking talks of a new CroCop. Style and nationality not really mattering.

On another note, it seems every Croatian to get some buzz gets called the heir apparent to CroCop. There was Zelg and what the hell ever happened to Ante Delija?

Zelg was great to watch. His flying knee KO of Doug Marshall in SFL is one of the greatest ever

There wasn’t any analytical comparisons but CroCop was invoked during the spree. It’s not about style so much as head kick finishes, especially a string of them like Z had, naturally provoking talks of a new CroCop. Style and nationality not really mattering.

On another note, it seems every Croatian to get some buzz gets called the heir apparent to CroCop. There was Zelg and what the hell ever happened to Ante Delija?

I believe he broke his leg in a fight....could be mistaken

I remember people throwing the comparison around during that time. Mainly on the forums more so then any actual commentators

His base and balance are definitely not as good as a prime Murko, but I can see the comparison.

Probably because Mirko has gigantic tree-trunk legs. This guy reminds me of Mirko if Mirrko fought at 170.

Zelg Galesic and Goran Reljic didn't deliver, unfortunately.
As a Croatian I was hoping for years that a good successor to Cro Cop would appear someday (like I always wish the soccer team brings back the memories from '98) but many have disappointed (Zelg Galesic and Goran Reljic didn't deliver as expected).

Surprisingly, Cro Cop came out of retirement many times and managed to keep the flow going, winning K-1 and Rizin, god, he's also fighting on NYE 2017 ...
But, right now, he's not the only one, Stipe Miocic is slowly approaching GOAT talks, has been able to win the UFC Gold in place of Mirko, so he is the right man, for both american fans and croatians, to follow and sheer for.

I hope in the near future a new breed will come, not a new Cro Cop, we will never have a new Cro Cop, but in his own style, I wish some new blood will reach the top one day.
I didn't expect a guy like Miocic to appear and blast them all, so everything is possible. I know the guy is more american than anything, but he has a checkered tattoo on his foot, it's enough for me to link him with croatia, I'm not born in croatia myself, but I love the croatian identity, and culture, the checkers, and they are very well represented in sport, croatia is a very interesting country to sheer for in many sports.

It’s a good thing Stipe the Ohio fireman was adopted in the ethnicity draft to carry the torch.

lol at him avoiding the back of the head of the ref to keep punching the other guy

Nice, I like him. Needs polishing, though. A good jabber will give him hell.

Kind of similar... likes to beat on people after the ref jumps in. Something Cro Cop would not do.

Slightly late punch there......................

latest punch.jpg
latest punch 2.png

USADA will end Soldic

Back