Crocop licensed to fight

Jon Jones in Rizin would be badass.

Or that he would require a hefty sum straight to his pocket
For CroCop? At this day and age? He was a bad investment 10 years ago in the UFC, he's consistently proven to be a bad investment in sanctioned MMA... Why would anyone go out of their way to put him on cards in the US?

If I were Miocic I would just find another job. Why fighting. He has lots of skills elsewhere.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/mirko-...on-so-is-he-eligible-to-fight-in-bellator/amp

Interesting article, looks like Crocop is going to be licensed by an athletic commission even though he didn’t sit out his two year sentence.

This sets a precedent. if Jon Jones gets four years, he can go fight elsewhere during the suspension and still get relicensed by an ac when the four years is over.

He just would have to get the ufc to release him from his contract.

zAjolBW.jpg

Generally, athletic commissions in the U.S. follow USADA suspensions. But it seems unclear whether a fighter can actually serve a suspension if he simply takes his talents to an unregulated promotion in Japan, then returns once enough time has elapsed.

If Cro Cop can fight for Bellator in London, could he also fight in, say, California? That’s “tricky,” and would depend on the circumstances at hand, according to California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Foster.

------

Pretty much a diplomatic way of saying no
Foster is as crooked as it gets. A puffy envelope under the table will be all it takes to make him change his tune to "it doesn't make sense not to let CroCop get licensed only because he fought elsewhere during his suspension."

Please don’t compare CC to JJ, seriously. You got a one time offender who really didn’t cheat if you know all the facts, to a prolific cheater and drug abuser.

Why the fuck did my thread about crocops ufc usada issues get moved to worldwide forum?

"likely to view the suspension as a thing of the past" and that is if he fights in the US, which he isn't

There’s still an ac overseeing the card in England, and they will be granting him a license to fight. Again read the article, it’s not hard to understand.

Bellator will probably use him for European cards only. Or maybe for a card in Asia if they ever go.

Doubt he'll be fighting in the US, so it doesn't really matter.

Normally the athletic commision's hand out suspensions but in this case i believe it was only USADA who handed out a 2 year suspension but as he is not under contract with the ufc anymore i think that at this point he could get licensed by any AC in the states.

like @The ScorpioN said tho, dont think he will ever fight in the US again.

There’s still an ac overseeing the card in England, and they will be granting him a license to fight. Again read the article, it’s not hard to understand.

I read it. Maybe you should since you are struggling with interpreting its meaning

that old dude on mma beat was still hating on him lol

usada is the ufcs partner - bellator doesn't have to follow that shit and even so the event is overseas in london. dont see the controversy at all

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/mirko-...on-so-is-he-eligible-to-fight-in-bellator/amp

Interesting article, looks like Crocop is going to be licensed by an athletic commission even though he didn’t sit out his two year sentence.

This sets a precedent. if Jon Jones gets four years, he can go fight elsewhere during the suspension and still get relicensed by an ac when the four years is over.

He just would have to get the ufc to release him from his contract.

Actually the situation is a little bit different Mirko never got suspended by athletic Commission. And has never gotten a positive drug test.
In fact if he would have done the same exact thing that got him a suspension kill joy squad. To a a commission they would have simply just said that he's not allowed to compete on the event.

Foster is as crooked as it gets. A puffy envelope under the table will be all it takes to make him change his tune to "it doesn't make sense not to let CroCop get licensed only because he fought elsewhere during his suspension."
Actually it makes perfect sense the athletic Commissions in the United States of America a part of the organization called the ABC. And have no jurisdiction outside of the United States
Fun fact any state doesn't have to accept any suspension given by another state.

Do you have a license to kill?

No Mr. Bond. I have a license to fight.

All he would have to do is prove in court he has fight offers elsewhere and the ufc is costing him the chance to make a living. No court in the world would enforce a four year ban from earning a living.

Maybe and maybe not.

The problem is it could take years for that to play out and cost millions before you ever get heard.

It isn't the UFC keeping him from earning a living at MMA, its his own choices. Courts have many time backed the league in situations that players try to get around the system. So I'm not a real confident he'd even win his case. Jones can go do something else and the UFC isn't going to stop him.

Back