CROSS BLOCK AND COUNTERS

If you explain this in the video, forgive my question, because my volume is acting weird on the computer. I can't get any sound at the moment.

In any case,

In your demonstration your fighter is extending his reach (hand) to seemingly obstruct his opponent's view, or is this to measure distance?

Is this standard or a personal preference?

@shincheckin
Lay off the donuts and tacos dude ;)

In your demonstration your fighter is extending his reach (hand) to seemingly obstruct his opponent's view, or is this to measure distance?

Could be a mix of any, I do it sometimes, in my case its more of a stiff arm. Works well if I feel he's going to knee. It prevents them to going in too much. Basically a little deterrent and I can mount my offense

If you explain this in the video, forgive my question, because my volume is acting weird on the computer. I can't get any sound at the moment.

In any case,

i didnt notice that, most likely just doing it out of habbit.

When you check kicks you can use your long guard as well.

Or I could say, when you use your long guard, you can check kicks as well.

Basically, a variation of the long guard, is using the long guard, and raising your lead leg as if you were checking a kick as well. its a staple block of muay thai.

the other things you mentioned can work as well

@shincheckin
Lay off the donuts and tacos dude ;)

Could be a mix of any, I do it sometimes, in my case its more of a stiff arm. Works well if I feel he's going to knee. It prevents them to going in too much. Basically a little deterrent and I can mount my offense

got a little fat lol

@DoctorTaco was right, when you start coaching, you become fat

my personality is 100% or nothing at all. Also training hardcore for long lengths of time is easy to get burnt out. I go in these waves of hardcore training, to taking a break and goin hardcore slob. If i wasnt hardcore training, i probably wouldnt hardcore slob, but since you always want what you cant have, when i first get the chance to finally eat junk food again. i over do it.

my personality is 100% or nothing at all. Also training hardcore for long lengths of time is easy to get burnt out. I go in these waves of hardcore training, to taking a break and goin hardcore slob. If i wasnt hardcore training, i probably wouldnt hardcore slob, but since you always want what you cant have, when i first get the chance to finally eat junk food again. i over do it.
If you're not in camp, you could eat more flexible to include junk into it as long as it fall within your caloric and macro needs, you'll maintain or trim. Obv. you need to eat better when in camp as you'll function like shit with shit fuel, but being more flexible helped me curbed cravings.

If you're not in camp, you could eat more flexible to include junk into it as long as it fall within your caloric and macro needs, you'll maintain or trim. Obv. you need to eat better when in camp as you'll function like shit with shit fuel, but being more flexible helped me curbed cravings.

yeah i need to find a happy medium. as long as Im training I can get away with slacking on the diet no problem, i just got this mindset of either do or dont. but it would probably be best to just chill a bit so i dont get burnt out and maybe go extreme 1 month before a fight or so.

Back