Crossroads fight for Thomas Almeida

MMA4Life

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It wasn't too long ago Almeida was the next big thing. I remember he was the favorite going into the Garbrandt fight. He has only lost to Cody and Rivera who is on a 20 fight win streak. Rob Font is a game fighter and pretty well rounded. I'm rooting for Almeida, I think he takes this one but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a wild fight with them both dropping each other.

I’m also really rooting for Almeida, here.

I wanna see a MT revival in the ufc

He ain't no Erick Silva.

Should be a good standup fight, Picking Almeida by unanimous decision.

I think he beats Font to be honest

I'm rooting for Font for sure but I have to refresh on footage before making a pick with any confidence.If I had to pick right now i'd probably go with Almeida but idk it's a tough one and imo Font is tougher.People were crazy about Almeida even after he clearly lost the 1st round vs Brad Pickett and then caught Brad with the low % flying knee.Still a great fighter but Font might be too well rounded,I gotta study this one.

He trained in Thailand recently, what I find it awful, one of the worst places to get train for mma.

he killed everyone on the lower league axs tv. maybe ufc pushed him too early idk

I got a feeling Font is tougher but Almeida is really dynamic

Font has enough power to hurt Almeida, I wouldn't be surprised if Font won. I hope Almeida added more to his arsenal for this fight.

I think Font wins by submission or tko.

Agree that it's a crossroads fight for Almeida. If he wins convincingly and then wins again, he's back in some conversations of who should fight the champ. But if he loses it's gonna be a long long LONG road back to title contention, though he's still young which means he could travel on that road.

Agree that it's a crossroads fight for Almeida. If he wins convincingly and then wins again, he's back in some conversations of who should fight the champ. But if he loses it's gonna be a long long LONG road back to title contention, though he's still young which means he could travel on that road.
Yeah and Font is a good fighter and has looked great at moments in his career like when he ran through the CES MMA promotion. I still think Almeida has the higher ceiling potential wise.

Back