International Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's Ambitious Quest to Modernize Saudi Arabia

Yeah, he looks like the young reformer and he's made the right noises about a moderate Islam, but then he's blamed Wahhabism's resurgence on Iran and arrested a lot of those who call for reform (who also call for a constitutional monarchy or in other ways question the government). He's also responsible for the resurgence of Saudi proxy wars.
So I'll believe it when I see it.

I haven't kept up with it much but figures that he wants to keep his full monarchy. Guess we will see where it ends up and if any real change happens. Thanks for the heads up.

absolute monarchy is about the only way to get sweeping reforms done with out having to deal with assholes in some congress that dont want to change. I always felt an absolute monarchy, ruled by a benevolent king was the best. No partisan bullshit, no waiting years for shit to get done. It just gets done.

It's beautiful, just like real communism

Hmm, on the other hand the Lebanese politicians seems to think their resigned PM is being imprisoned in Saudi Arabia and forced to read that resignation speech at gun point and posed for happy photos with King Salman at the palace against his will :eek:

I wonder if they actually believe that, or just want him back so they can spank him themselves.

Murika has apparently joined this, saying he should go back to Lebanon

i thought being a lebanese was against the law in saudi arabia

Who are the Saudi royals and businessmen caught up in Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's crackdown?

The owners of the three biggest media companies in the middle east (Alawaleed bin talal owner of rotana media group and famous billionaire, Saleh Kamel owner of ART media group, Al-ibrahim owner of MBC) and several Royal family members who were in the military (think of arms deals )
Multiple past ministers, the navL forces commander, the national guard commander, the head of the royal office.
It’s a crazy list
Who are the Saudi royals and businessmen caught up in Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's crackdown?

Inb4 assassination!! Also, someone big must be backing him up; US? EU?

Inb4 assassination!!

If @Madmick could manage to convince the top brass to create a political/business vBookie subforum for the WR, that would be an interesting bet. I'd say somebody will try to put a hit on him in the next 6 months.

Also, someone big must be backing him up; US? EU?

Everyone are in his corner, including his own clerics. That means this is his Game (of Throne) to lose.

@Arkain2K , I'm seeing some lurid claims involving blackwater and prince Salman on my feed. They're coming from disreputable sources like thedailymail. Have you seen anything better on that?

Zerohedge had a blurb about Blackwater/Academi doing the interrogations within the Ritz because the Saudi army could have been loyal to the prisoners.

Back