International Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's Ambitious Quest to Modernize Saudi Arabia

Zerohedge had a blurb about Blackwater/Academi doing the interrogations within the Ritz because the Saudi army could have been loyal to the prisoners.
Yeah, they're one of the disreputable sources I'm talking about.

After arresting not just the 1st but also the 2nd richest Saudi Arabian, I might be able to gert behind this new Crown Prince.

I cherish the day people like Warren Buffet and the Koch brothers are strung up. Fuck it. Throw the entire Forbes Top 400 in prison. Impossible they're all clean.

Thead Index:

A young prince is reimagining Saudi Arabia. Can he make his vision come true?

By David Ignatius | April 20, 2017

AFP_NO4AD-2040.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...3d79a4-2549-11e7-b503-9d616bd5a305_story.html

All this crap but ofcourse no democracy.

All this crap but ofcourse no democracy.

Is it too cynical of me to think much of these reforms are a smokescreen to keep western media from calling him out?

- Announce women will be able to dive next year.
- The West cheers (as they should).
- Arrest dozens of people under a vague charge a couple weeks later and have them buy their freedom to help increase your coffers.
- Billions of dollars are exchanged while mercenaries have been accused of torturing the money out of the prisoners.
- Crown Prince consolidates his power and arrest potential rivals.
- But hey, women can drive now. I mean, next year. Like in June. So, let's not critique the guy too much. After all, he is reforming the country. Hey, did you hear he is going to make oil less part of their overall economy?

Last edited:
@Arkain2K , I'm seeing some lurid claims involving blackwater and prince Salman on my feed. They're coming from disreputable sources like thedailymail. Have you seen anything better on that?

So far I only see the rumors in tabloids and blogs, but I will be sure to keep the thread updated if anyone with a reputation investigate into it! :)

Egypt attack to spur on Saudi-backed Muslim military alliance
Stephen Kalin | November 26, 2017https://uk.reuters.com/journalists/stephen-kalin
https://uk.reuters.com/journalists/stephen-kalin
r

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia’s powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said on Sunday an attack on an Egyptian mosque that killed more than 300 worshippers would galvanise an Islamic military coalition that aimed to counter “terrorism and extremism”.

Top defence officials from 40 Muslim-majority nation’s met in Riyadh on Sunday. They are part of an alliance gathered together two years ago by Prince Mohammed, who is also Saudi defence minister.

The crown prince has said he would encourage a more moderate and tolerant version of Islam in the ultra-conservative kingdom.

Prince Mohamed told delegates that Friday’s attack in Egypt “was a very painful occurrence and must make us contemplate in an international and powerful way the role of this terrorism and extremism”.

Gunmen carrying the flag of Islamic State attacked the mosque in North Sinai.

The group of Muslim nations, called the Islamic Military Counter Terrorism Coalition, has yet to take any decisive action.

Officials say the group would allow members to request or offer assistance to each other to fight militants. This could include military help, financial aid, equipment or security expertise. The group, which will have a permanent base in Riyadh, would also help combat terrorist financing and ideology.

“The biggest threat from terrorism and extremism is not only killing innocent people and spreading hate, but tarnishing the reputation of our religion and distorting our belief,” Prince Mohammed told officials from the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-s...-military-alliance-crown-prince-idUKKBN1DQ0EU

Stephen Kalin | November 26, 2017
r

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia’s powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said on Sunday an attack on an Egyptian mosque that killed more than 300 worshippers would galvanise an Islamic military coalition that aimed to counter “terrorism and extremism”.

Top defence officials from 40 Muslim-majority nation’s met in Riyadh on Sunday. They are part of an alliance gathered together two years ago by Prince Mohammed, who is also Saudi defence minister.

The crown prince has said he would encourage a more moderate and tolerant version of Islam in the ultra-conservative kingdom.

Prince Mohamed told delegates that Friday’s attack in Egypt “was a very painful occurrence and must make us contemplate in an international and powerful way the role of this terrorism and extremism”.

The group of Muslim nations, called the Islamic Military Counter Terrorism Coalition, has yet to take any decisive action.

Officials say the group would allow members to request or offer assistance to each other to fight militants. This could include military help, financial aid, equipment or security expertise. The group, which will have a permanent base in Riyadh, would also help combat terrorist financing and ideology.

“The biggest threat from terrorism and extremism is not only killing innocent people and spreading hate, but tarnishing the reputation of our religion and distorting our belief,” Prince Mohammed told officials from the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-s...-military-alliance-crown-prince-idUKKBN1DQ0EU

Well he’s saying the right things. Sane Muslims fighting back against the radicals is the only way all this terrorism can hope to be stopped. I’m very hesitant to believe that his words will result in that meaningful action, being Saudi Arabia and all

Stephen Kalin | November 26, 2017
r

This sounds like a bizarre way of legitimizing a "true" Islamic army. Talk about double speak. Do you know how many "True Islamic Army" groups, ie. Islamic terrorist groups there are in the Middle East?

Well he’s saying the right things. Sane Muslims fighting back against the radicals is the only way all this terrorism can hope to be stopped. I’m very hesitant to believe that his words will result in that meaningful action, being Saudi Arabia and all
What he means is, "Iran about to get BTFO!!!". It has absolutely nothing to do with fighting "radicals".

You do realize ISIS considers themselves to be a true, compassionate representation of Islam warring against false representations? There are literally dozens if not hundreds of these "True Islamic Military" alliances - also known as terrorist groups. But because it's Saudi Arabia they'll create the true one that now will govern Egypt? Let's see how the Egyptians like this idea. In fact I'm sure they'll be so successful that they can govern Western democracies too.

What he means is, "Iran about to get BTFO!!!". It has absolutely nothing to do with fighting "radicals".

I agree. But I see it as more than just being about Iran. These things always lead to more and more. A legitimized caliphate of some sort, basically. I'm just waiting for the UN's endorsement (which would officially give me chills).

I agree. But I see it as more than just being about Iran. These things always lead to more and more. A legitimized caliphate of some sort, basically. I'm just waiting for the UN's endorsement (which would officially give me chills).

Is there a problem with them having a theocracy if they also work towards stamping out extremism in their part of the world?

Is there a problem with them having a theocracy if they also work towards stamping out extremism in their part of the world?

The question is if can they succesfully do that when they are still actively spreading their fundamentalist version of Sunni Islam from where most transnational Islamic terror organisations has their roots.

I'll believe it when I see it.

A good short clip summary about Bin Salman's failure in the Middle East..

Summary:
- Isolating Saudi Arabia from the Arab world due to his aggressive and intimidating policies.
- Increasing numbers of Arab countries are alligning themselves with Iran due to Bin Salman turning into a full potato.
- Saudi Arabia will have a negative image to the Muslim countries because of their new alliance with Israel.
- Bin Salman is slowly becoming like Saddam Hussein and Ghaddafi where becoming a "strongman" of the Middle East ends up into invasions and embargoes, you get the picture here.

A good short clip summary about Bin Salman's failure in the Middle East..

Summary:
- Isolating Saudi Arabia from the Arab world due to his aggressive and intimidating policies.
- Increasing numbers of Arab countries are alligning themselves with Iran due to Bin Salman turning into a full potato.
- Saudi Arabia will have a negative image to the Muslim countries because of their new alliance with Israel.
- Bin Salman is slowly becoming like Saddam Hussein and Ghaddafi where becoming a "strongman" of the Middle East ends up into invasions, you get the picture here.

As a rule I ignore whitebelt accounts, but I feel compelled to point out that SA has been quietly aligned with israel for more than a decade now.

Is that a good thing?
I didn't take a position on that. I pointed it out because its a pretty basic fact of the regional political dynamic that the video and post to which I replied failed to comprehend.

That sort of failure to comprehend is pretty fatal to analytical credibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back