Cruz: DC set a trap to KO Stipe

Cruz comes off as a douche on occasion, but honestly I love when he's on broadcast. His analysis is usually spot-on.

Stipe fought terribly, low IQ, ran directly at D.C. non stop

It was a brain fart

He thought he was going to walk through D.C.

Brain fart? He know what DC was capable of. Especially because DC beat a dangerous striker in Anthony Johnson.

It took a precise plan that involved tricking him into moving into the punch (and possibly eyepoking him to reduce his peripheral vision: the hardest punch is the one you don't see!), and DC broke his hand with the effort. I wouldn't conclude "pff! weak chin he's on the decline" from that. And I CERTAINLY wouldn't say that based on his speech, the guy's been mush-mouthed from the beginning.

What the fuck did the eyepokes have to do with Stipe dropping his hands immediately after that clinch broke? He was getting him was that shot no matter what.

Nice analysis. It was amazing how DC put Stipe away in a round.

DC is better than Stipe everywhere.
Wrestling,clinching, striking,fight IQ.
Simple as that.
DC wins 10/10.

Stipe fought terribly, low IQ, ran directly at D.C. non stop

It was a brain fart

So did everyone that fought stipe for the past couple years.

Fair is fair

Stipe has a weak chin for a hw his days are numbered at the top for sure not because of his skill set but because he gets dropped in every fight now, Slurs his words, not good
He's always sounded like that when he speaks.

Stipe fought terribly, low IQ, ran directly at D.C. non

It was a brain fart

It was frustrating to watch. Huge height and reach advantage, and the guy keeps clinching.

“Stipe should’ve used his reach” whatever idiots say that must be brain dead, using your reach isn’t a learning over night (or one training camp) strategy. Using your reach isn’t as simple as throwing a jab here and there there’s so much to it. Maybe stipe underestimated Cormier but to say he wasn’t trying to use his range is ridiculous. Cormier is a master at cutting the range and was able to do it against two of the rangiest fighters of all time.

The werdum fight was some of the worst fight iq I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Do I have to spell it out for you? Lol.

I’m not trying to come off as a stipe hater. I like the dude. But his title run has been iffy.

difference being that werdum was coerced/forced/fought into making that mistake

stipe was going right at DC, charging into the pocket and clinches from the opening bell

with werdum he ran out of choices due to stipe shutting everything he tried down

with stipe, it was his first choice. he just didnt respect cormier

to call his title run iffy is sooooo disrespectful lol hes the best the UFC has ever had bar none. even outside the ufc hes got a case
The werdum fight was some of the worst fight iq I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Do I have to spell it out for you? Lol.

I’m not trying to come off as a stipe hater. I like the dude. But his title run has been iffy.

Back