Cruz has had 6 fights in 7 years

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
He is like the Cain of 135, its ridiculous. 3X torn ACL, torn groin, broken arm, seems like he is very prone to injuries.

Should he continue fighting or transition to commentating full time?

He looked slow against Garbrandt and got dropped multiple times. He could arguably win the title again, but whats the point if every time he goes into camp his body craps on on him and then has to be out 1+ year at a time.

Last edited:
I think he actually had 3x torn acl

Tear, re-tear, tear other side

Last edited:
He can retire brain-damage free and knowing he outalpha'd Team Alpha Male

Execpt he’s got legitimate reasons unlike Cain where it’s usually vague as to why he’s not fighting

Pretty sad considering how skilled he is. He could have accomplished so much in those years.

His entire style is based on deception and changing direction repeatedly. Clearly his body can't keep up with it and having studied his footwork it is easy to see how it would be absolute hell on the knees.

* He also has plantar fasciitis, a fairly painful persistent foot injury.

C-Level Cruz is born.

He's getting close to another 2 years of inactivity.

Is that about the same as Gus?

Difference is Cruz has had multiple major surgeries

When he came back and beat TJ did anyone expect him to stay healthy for long?That was the moment he needed I surely didn’t expect much after that. TJ and Cody both use footwork and feints similar to Cruz. He has left his mark on the division, I didn’t see him getting past Rivera. 145 is a good division right now things are moving and the champ is relatively active.

He is the goat at bw,the dude has the sort of mental toughness people can only dream about having,i mean he told a story about having to crawl out of bed then soak his feet etc.

But yes he should retire,his body is shot and he already achieved the unachievable by coming back in the first place

He is still the bantamweight GOAT , and to imagine that after all those injuries he came back and beat silly dilly

Back