Cruz has had 6 fights in 7 years

He is like the Cain of 135, its ridiculous. 3X torn ACL, torn groin, broken arm, seems like he is very prone to injuries.

Should he continue fighting or transition to commentating full time?

He looked slow against Garbrandt and got dropped multiple times. He could arguably win the title again, but whats the point if every time he goes into camp his body craps on on him and then has to be out 1+ year at a time.

I find it funny how people ripe khabib for being hurt but nobody says anything about cruz

Pretty sad considering how skilled he is. He could have accomplished so much in those years.
This. I really enjoy watching him fight, and I would have loved to see him injury free for longer stretches.

It sounds like his plantar fasciitis is giving him huge problems since before his tj fight. That out of all things might be what ends his career since he said there's no cure and when it flakes up he can barely walk if at all

~DaViD~

Cruz has one of the best minds in the game, I hope he applies it to being a coach after choosing to retire as a fighter at some point.
The only things that kept Cruz from legit GOAT status are; injury prone, no KO power, and the weight class.

He is like the Cain of 135, its ridiculous. 3X torn ACL, torn groin, broken arm, seems like he is very prone to injuries.

He looked slow against Garbrandt and got dropped multiple times. He could arguably win the title again, but whats the point if every time he goes into camp his body craps on on him and then has to be out 1+ year at a time.

I know. I feel bad for the dude. he comes off as an angry dick, so I suppose I don't feel THAT bad. but it's gotta suck. that being said, he's probably the best commentator there is.

And he is still one of the greatest fighters of all time. Because his record is amazing. He accomplished a great deal at a very young age. It’s sad his career has been damaged so badly with these injuries. But to me he is still a legend. And he may have a few more left. I hope so.

Cruz doesn't have much left to prove

When he came back after that huge layoff and defeated TJ, to me that cemented him as one of the greatest of all time. That was like Sugar Ray Leonard and Marvin Hagler type stuff. It was incredible.

the epitome of the saying too legit to quit.

I think his fight against Cody was the first where he seemed to be declining. It’s time, he knows It.

The problem is he can do some commentating keep training and wait for the right time after dillashaw garbrandt 2.. get a shot against tj or the rematch with Cody, and boom win or lose you just made the kinda $$ several years of the broadcasting gig will earn you..:which still involves traveling and the events and all that.

I think we see him at least one more time

So dipshit, you realize he's basically retired? Or did you start watching MMA yesterday?

So dipshit, you realize he's basically retired? Or did you start watching MMA yesterday?
Pretty sure you're the dipshit here.

TS, Cruz has nothing left to prove, he's the goat bw. His legacy is already cemented

So he’d need to fight for 14 more years while getting KO’d every fight to catch up to Overeem... to mildly put things into perspective

Him coming back and winning the title is still one of the greatest MMA comeback stories IMO

It sounds like his plantar fasciitis is giving him huge problems since before his tj fight. That out of all things might be what ends his career since he said there's no cure and when it flakes up he can barely walk if at all

~DaViD~
I had mild plantar fascitis when i used to wear overly engineering shoes, got better when i started wearing minimalist shoes and more barefoot time.

yes. after fighting 20x in 7 years, he took a lot of injuries. had a few surgeries.

5 years later he fought 3x in 2016.

TS and i both explained his fightfinder, but phrased it very differently. as the man said, there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Back