Cruz vs Beto Debate Thread live 7pm E.T.

Ted Cruz is just such a douche
I mean dooooooouche
He'd make anybody going up against him look like the nicer guy regardless of what they are actually like. He's a goddamn political Luke Rockhold.
God, I bet his family boos when he walks in the room

Ya at the end they asked both to say something nice about the other side. Beto said he respected Cruz's dedication to county even if he disagreed with his politics. Cruz said he respected Beto's commitment to big government and higher taxes even if he disagreed with the policy. Cruz did not come across as likable at that moment

I think thet just passed voter ID laws in Texas not so long agom. That means TX will forever be a red state.

Beto O’Rourke Denies Trying To Flee Scene Of Drunken Car Crash, Challenging Police Reports

Police reports published by the Houston Chronicle on Aug. 30 show that the witness who called 9-1-1 told officers that O’Rourke “attempted to leave the scene” after losing control of his car and hitting a truck.

The witness “then turned on his over head lights to warn oncoming traffic and to try to get [O’Rourke] to stop,” the responding officer wrote.

O’Rourke, who is running against Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, was asked about the Chronicle’s report during the debate at Southern Methodist University.

“I did not try to leave the scene of the accident, though driving drunk, which I did, is a terrible mistake for which there is no excuse or justification or defense,” O’Rourke said, contradicting the witness account of the accident.

I mean dooooooouche
He'd make anybody going up against him look like the nicer guy regardless of what they are actually like. He's a goddamn political Luke Rockhold.
His wife has to stay pilled out as fuck to handle living with him.

Ya at the end they asked both to say something nice about the other side. Beto said he respected Cruz's dedication to county even if he disagreed with his politics. Cruz said he respected Beto's commitment to big government and higher taxes even if he disagreed with the policy. Cruz did not come across as likable at that moment

Yeah... not a good look. Plenty of other "respectful" ways to answer that question without jumping in front of a car hoping to pull opponent with

Only time a dick answer is warranted to a "say something nice about opponent" question would be if, I don't know, your opponent accused you of cheating on your wife and being a serial killer

The fact that he has outraised Cruz without taking PAC money is a pretty good talking point. I'm not watching, but it should be brought up, considering Cruz has spent decades cultivating lucrative donor ties by passing indefensible pro-corporate policies and shilling for corporate interests.

Cruz's shameless stances on climate change and net neutrality in the past should have gained him a lifetime unlimited cash flow from fossil fuel and telecom.

He's from El Paso...

Probably half of his House constituents have family and friends who are undocumented.

I mean, no one was really unsure what your appraisal would be.

Truthfully, I've been stunned by how unimpressive Cruz has been in debates during his career. He had a legitimate claim to being the best debater in the country at one time, but he's been routinely made to look foolish, incoherent, contradictory, and insincere by his Republican colleagues and by Bernie Sanders. I guess competitive debate and policy debate just don't translate as well as one would guess.

Lol. Even though I thought Trump got trounced in either the first or second debate with Clinton.

Ted can come across swarmy, just like your rebuttal to me voicing my opinion on the debate was quite swarmy

In fact, Ted and his pedigree probably have much in common with a few WR posters

But anyway, he beat this guy pretty bad. It is what it is

And LOFL at this guy bringing up Tinder when talking about him and his wife

I mean dooooooouche
giphy.gif

Don't forget Beto's immediate but quiet response- "True to form"

Cruz is unbelievably unlikable but hey, Trump won the presidency being pointedly aggressive, dickish, childish, and unlikable to his opponents. Cruz is actually following a gameplan that's been shown to work.

Anyone up for a bet. I’ll take Cruz and I’ll spot a couple of points

Anyone up for a bet. I’ll take Cruz and I’ll spot a couple of points

Well it’s Texas and your rooting for the favorite so yeah not really a fair bet.....

I hope Beto pulls the upset tho.

Well it’s Texas and your rooting for the favorite so yeah not really a fair bet.....

I’ll I’m hearing is how close it is. People are saying it’s dead even. And I said I’d give points

Cruz should be a slight favorite because he's more seasoned and smarter.

However, he's also an unbelievably slimy and spineless piece of shit so if Beto presses him on his Trump hypocrisy and other things, he could inflict damage and have Rafael all

CruzSad1.png

Oh yeah, gun grabbing, Constitutional right-destroying, Beto is up by a couple of points in the latest polls.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/p...n-us-senate-race-new-poll-finds/285-596140704

Seems a fair bet

Don't forget Beto's immediate but quiet response- "True to form"

Cruz is unbelievably unlikable but hey, Trump won the presidency being pointedly aggressive, dickish, childish, and unlikable to his opponents. Cruz is actually following a gameplan that's been shown to work.

Who knows. Cruz is a master politician (his 2016 campaign was one of the most masterful I've ever seen), but we saw how good Donald Trump did despite having a shit campaign, a shit campaign team, zero policy knowledge, zero strategy, and a shit personality to boot.

Back