Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

Looks like i listened to a lot of people here (loooking mostly at you @Nik123 ) as my coins are
NANO
ETHOS
PRL
BDG
DBC
POWR

i have no doubts about NANO, PRL and DBC, but the lack of activity on ETHOS, POWR and BDG subreddits had me worried a bit (ethos is not big on marketing side of things but they just issued a preview of the wallet, and BDG just partnered with codeacademy so there's that). i still think ethos aims a bit too high, guess we'll have to wait and see.

I've been eyeing INT, CASS (edit:COSS), BPT and AGI as well but i'm either short on funds, waiting for the bigger exchanges to adopt some coins/tokens or low on fiat.

Last edited:
Looks like i listened to a lot of people here (loooking mostly at you @Nik123 ) as my coins are
NANO
ETHOS
PRL
BDG
DBC
POWR

i have no doubts about NANO, PRL and DBC, but the lack of activity on ETHOS, POWR and BDG subreddits had me worried a bit (ethos is not big on marketing side of things but they just issued a preview of the wallet, and BDG just partnered with codeacademy so there's that). i still think ethos aims a bit too high, guess we'll have to wait and see.

I've been eyeing INT, CASS, BPT and AGI as well but i'm either short on funds, waiting for the bigger exchanges to adopt some coins/tokens or low on fiat.

Not a bad selection ; )

I personally have more faith in AGI than DBC, but they serve different purposes within the AI-blockchain realm.

One thing that may help you keep up to date, and calm your nerves. Join Telegram.

The Ethos and BDG chat groups there are the main sources of activity.

On the Ethos group, both Shingo (CEO, 19 year old Brown University wunderkid) and Stephen Corliss (ex BlackRock COO, a humble yet driven individual who is a huge asset to the team) are v active and answer all questions.

It is the team that gives me the confidence in Ethos that I have. Now nobody knows the future, but one can only go with what gives you the most confidence (which is again, a fairly subjective thing so don't just follow what I say - go with your gut!).

Ethos and BDG have both gone up by over 22% since yesterday by the way. Haters gonna hate, playas gonna play - ammirrite?

Joking aside, cryptocurrency has been declared dead about 7597 times since 2013. So don't let the haters and the myopic dotards put you off every time there is a market correction, if you believe in the vision, the fundamentals of the technology, and the quality of the projects you have invested in.

Beyond that, the reality is it is a matter of luck as to which ones really take off in the long term. Due diligence and an educated risk are your friends in tipping the odds in your favour.

Last edited:
Not a bad selection ; )

I personally have more faith in AGI than DBC, but they serve different purposes within the AI-blockchain realm.

One thing that may help you keep up to date, and calm your nerves. Join Telegram.

The Ethos and BDG chat groups there are the main sources of activity.

On the Ethos group, both Shingo (CEO, 19 year old Brown University wunderkid) and Stephen Corliss (ex BlackRock COO, a humble yet driven individual who is a huge asset to the team) are v active and answer all questions.

It is the team that gives me the confidence in Ethos that I have. Now nobody knows the future, but one can only go with what gives you the most confidence (which is again, a fairly subjective thing so don't just follow what I say - go with your gut!).

DBC and PRL were just that. Gut feeling. Both have tested something close to a working product recently and i believe are on a right track.

But yeah, i know about the active community on telegram/ github, but at this point , it would be too overwhelming for me to follow that as well. I'm not worried per se (and as far as i know, ethos is on their foreseen schedule), but it's hard not to compare active subbredits such as NANO and IOTA to mostly silent subreddits.

DBC and PRL were just that. Gut feeling. Both have tested something close to a working product recently and i believe are on a right track.

But yeah, i know about the active community on telegram/ github, but at this point , it would be too overwhelming for me to follow that as well. I'm not worried per se (and as far as i know, ethos is on their foreseen schedule), but it's hard not to compare active subbredits such as NANO and IOTA to mostly silent subreddits.

Good job on the gut feeling direction.

I wouldn't necessarily compare subreddits though. The Ethos sub has always been dead. It was dead when it was under $1, it was even more dead when it raced to $11.

Some communities just naturally gravitate towards telegram rather than reddit. Not much more to it than that.

Regarding marketing, I've actually asked that question to both Shingo and Stephen directly. They have funds allocated for a massive marketing campaign, but they want the product to be fully ready for mass adoption before they launch said campaign - ie no bugs, no scaling issues, no Coinbase style screw ups.

1 Bitcoin equals
7911.59 US Dollar

Wonderful insight, from my favourite crypto genius. Last seen grooming himself in his natural habitat, declaring the market 'fucken over'.

Can I please have the latest price update on Bitcoin, and do you still maintain your previous carefully considered, researched, and balanced position of.... 'its fucken over'?

Just curious, thanks.

Last edited:
Good job on the gut feeling direction.
Meh, i could've easily went with BCC or XRP :)

I wouldn't necessarily compare subreddits though. The Ethos sub has always been dead. It was dead when it was under $1, it was even more dead when it raced to $11.

Some communities just naturally gravitate towards telegram rather than reddit. Not much more to it than that.
Good points. I'll keep it in mind.

Regarding marketing, I've actually asked that question to both Shingo and Stephen directly. They have funds allocated for a massive marketing campaign, but they want the product to be fully ready for mass adoption before they launch said campaign - ie no bugs, no scaling issues, no Coinbase style screw ups.

That was my understanding as well. And i truly respect that.

But on the opposite side, you have coins like NANO, that were completely in the other direction (so much, that even a slightest mention of NANO, people immediately think "here we go again with the NANO shilling") and have done extremely well in this last two weeks (despite several bad news, the coin stabilized within hours). Maybe it's not the best comparison as NANO has a working product out now.

My personal taste (not that it matters, as i'm not kidding myself to be knowledgeable about this in any way, shape or form) would be something in the middle. Release some things now and there, just to keep people in the loop, but don't overdo it.

Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on BPT and COSS?

Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on BPT and COSS?

To be honest, I haven't looked in depth into either one. They are both essentially decentralised crypto exchanges - COSS plans to offer a fiat gateway, a la Ethos.

For better or worse, neither are as ambitious as Ethos (Ethos' Bedrock API plans to let developers build DAPPs on top of the core ERC22 chain, and they plan to build an entire financial ecosystem around that).

Lastly, there are going to be a lot of decentralised exchanges hitting the market in 2018 (a couple of NEO based tokens already had ICOs from memory), so that's something to consider.

Woke up, saw very good prices on some coins, bought some.

7 hours later, 22-34% down on all the coins i bought today. From the position from this morning.

com2.gif

Get rich quick they said. It's the future they said.

giphy.gif

Woke up, saw very good prices on some coins, bought some.

7 hours later, 22-34% down on all the coins i bought today. From the position from this morning.

com2.gif

cool-tulip-mania-poster-wall-street-and-creative-ideas-of-how-one-flower-killed-an-empire-posters-3-800x600.jpg

I know, I know.

But then again...

Even if it all comes down crashing and burning, i'm glad I took a shot. I bough coins which I already had, for which i did extensive research and believe hold some value (as much as crypto can). Will it burn me if i lose absolutely everything? Sure, no one likes to lose money. I bought in (granted, for more than i planned) for a sum i can stand to lose, and nothing i'll not be able to shrug off in a few months with current salary. If only one of the coins takes off (in a week/month/2 years), i'll get my initial investment back. If a few take off, it'll be great. If several take off, it'll be life changing. I can live with that risk/reward ratio. Flame on...

I know, I know.

But then again...

Even if it all comes down crashing and burning, i'm glad I took a shot. I bough coins which I already had, for which i did extensive research and believe hold some value (as much as crypto can). Will it burn me if i lose absolutely everything? Sure, no one likes to lose money. I bought in (granted, for more than i planned) for a sum i can stand to lose, and nothing i'll not be able to shrug off in a few months with current salary. If only one of the coins takes off (in a week/month/2 years), i'll get my initial investment back. If a few take off, it'll be great. If several take off, it'll be life changing. I can live with that risk/reward ratio. Flame on...

This is what should be EVERY potential investors mantra. Don't put in what you can't afford to lose or can't make up within a few paychecks. If you go all-in and roll the dice, you take what you get.

Did Square Cash beat Ethos to the punch?

"t may not be as hip as Venmo, but Square Cash is a solid option for users who want to send and receive cash from virtually anyone. We only wish its ability to split the bill were a bit more robust.

Pros
  • Friends don't need a Square Cash account to pay you or receive money
  • Option to deposit money in your bank account automatically
Cons
  • Bill splits can't be calculated or edited"

https://www.pcworld.com/article/323...ew-a-simple-versatile-mobile-payment-app.html

I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row before I put them in the water.

What do you think about GTO (Gifto)?

Back