CSGO player mad that he lost to a Furry at the Game Awards. Says his game takes more skill

I wonder if he would have received the same applause if came out of the closet as being straight.

Oh look, he came out as being gay months ago.

But might as well come out again, months later, infront of a national audience.

He came out years ago, lol.

This cocky mofo needs to be put in his place. Gay or not when arrogant dudes like him run their mouth like that I love it when they get their comeuppance and eat some humble pie.

Be humble in victory. Be confident, not cocky.

He's not even that bad. Go watch LTG if you want to see cockiness and he's still hilarious.

I wonder if he would have received the same applause if came out of the closet as being straight.

Oh look, he came out as being gay months ago.

But might as well come out again, months later, infront of a national audience.

Wow...wasn't expecting him to be gay. So brave.

what a retard

also sonicfox is world class at like 10 different games....

Is that why he made 50% less in prize pool earnings for 2018 compared to 2017?
I think he won the Injustice Pro series last year, and that had a huge payout. The biggest tournament that he's won this year was DBFZ at Evo, but I don't think that had a pot bonus from ArcSys or Bandai/Namco. Winning DBFZ is undoubtedly a bigger accomplishment, but I think the prize pool was just based on tournament entrants. And even though it was the largest tournament of the year FGC wise, 1st place won a relatively small amount compared to some of the payouts he got last year.

Edit: https://www.esportsearnings.com/events/5751-evo-2018. He only got like 16k for first place, whereas last year he won 10 times that amount for winning a single tournament against less demanding competition.

Last edited:
I think he won the Injustice Pro series last year and also Eleague, and those had huge payouts.

2018 is his second worst prize pool earning year. 2017 he earned 100% more, 2016 he earned 190% more and 2015 he earned 30% more.

90% of his earnings in 2017 came from one tournament. He won the same tournament in 2018 yet this tournament saw a 200% reduction in its prize pool for 1st place.

In 2018 he played three games. Those three games has one ranked 55th and the other two are unranked for their prize pool earning are so low they dont break into the top 100.

The FGC doesn’t have a lot of money hitting prize pools. Street Fighter has the largest that I know of with $250k to the winner of the Capcom Cup. A lot of that is from their sponsors but also in-game purchases. They have a Capcom Cup package they put together yearly that contributes to the Capcom Cup Prize Pool.

NetherRealm Studios probably doubles any other fighting game sales, but they probably put a lot more into their production. As big as MK is, in the FGC, it’s one of the smaller competitions. If more money was added to the Prize Pool you would see more players enter from other fighting games. Possibly even overseas players.

I wonder if NetherRealm will ever have a fighting game that goes past the 2 year cycle and they move into a similar model like SF, Tekken or DBZF.

2018 is his second worst prize pool earning year. 2017 he earned 100% more, 2016 he earned 190% more and 2015 he earned 30% more.

90% of his earnings in 2017 came from one tournament. He won the same tournament in 2018 yet this tournament saw a 200% reduction in its prize pool for 1st place.

In 2018 he played three games. Those three games has one ranked 55th and the other two are unranked for their prize pool earning are so low they dont break into the top 100.
Right, but it's not because he's playing worse or keeping up with fewer games that have big prize pools. There are no fighting games other than SFV and maybe Tekken 7 that he could be playing to earn more money than he is now. And those games have such deep talent pools that in terms of getting a return on his investment (meaning time practiced playing), it's probably not worth it.

Also, I can't think of anyone other than Ryan Hart who is even known for winning major tournaments in both 2D and 3D games anyway. There probably is someone, but that list is short. (Thinking about it, I seem to recall Ultrachen mentioning that Fuudo and Itabashi were Virtua Fighter players).

Although it looks like Sonic Fox actually made top 8 at SCR in Soul Calibur. At least part of his reputation for playing so many games comes from how quickly he can pick new ones up and compete with established players pretty much right away.

Last edited:
Right, but it's not because he's playing worse or keeping up with fewer games that have big prize pools. There are no fighting games other than SFV and maybe Tekken 7 that he could be playing to earn more money than he is now. And those games have such deep talent pools that in terms of getting a return on his investment (meaning time practiced playing), it's probably not worth it.

Also, I can't think of anyone other than Ryan Heart who is even known for winning major tournaments in both 2D and 3D games anyway. There probably is someone, but that list is short. (Thinking about it, I seem to recall Ultrachen mentioning that Fuudo and Itabashi were Virtua Fighter players).

Although it looks like Sonic Fox actually made top 8 at SCR in Soul Calibur. At least part of his reputation for playing so many games comes from how quickly he can pick new ones up and compete with established players pretty much right away.

Itazan and Fuudo both won Evo in Virtua Fighter. Sonicfox did play Virtua Fighter, but the Americans seem so far behind in that series that it's sad.

CSGO is free now! One time I played LAN CS 1.6 against someone who knew the bullet spreads so well that he would just headshot me the moment I turned from cover. Now that I think about it he was probably just hacking lol.

And those games have such deep talent pools that in terms of getting a return on his investment (meaning time practiced playing), it's probably not worth it.

Now do understand why S1mple made that tweet?

LOL, CS:GO players are so deluded. I've been calling this out for years.

Still waiting for them to run around mopping up trophies in the other games, but no, they're just as bound and specialized in their niche as gamers who dominate the other games & game types.

Which he took back about after Ryan told him what was up.

Fighting games will never be as popular as some other genres. It takes a long time for some to even grasp the basics and it's amazing how many can't even perform a fireball. They lose over and over again and there's no blaming your teammates, bad rng, or whatever. It's all your fault.

Companies having been dumbing these games down for a reason.

His tweet still doesn't make sense. No top SFV or Tekken players are also dominating or capable of dominating those games and dbfz. The closest thing you've got is Kazunoko.

Sonic isn't playing a lesser game, it's just very unlikely that he (or anyone) can be the best in both. The moment GO1 started focusing on DBFZ, he quit getting top 8s in Street Fighter.

Back