CTE in WMMA

For those that think you need super power to cause a TBI or concussion you are plain wrong.

A pillow hitting you can cause a brain injury.

It is far more complicated than just the power of a hit, the brain can be rocked by a fall, in time women will report long term brain injury affects, but look how long it took for men to really start showing the signs. I think the women will take longer, but in the end it will happen.

My very last brain injury was from an elevator falling 3 stories with me in it, the sudden jolting stop cause my final shot, I have taken almost 3 years to learn to walk again and start to train again at the Dojo.

Former Invicta FC fighter Veronica Rothenhausler retired due to concussions (she was a big girl, fought at WLW).

Brains floating in estrogen benefit from extra cushioning :D.

(That was somewhat of a bad joke, I admit. No regrets.)

I feel ignorant. Was expecting to hear about exactly 0 cases.

The more you know...

I may have some regrets now.

Didn't Cat Zingano suffer brain damage from her fight with Nunes? She was talking about it on JRE.
I already stated that before you and you get the likes :(

Life just isnt fair sometimes

For those that think you need super power to cause a TBI or concussion you are plain wrong.

A pillow hitting you can cause a brain injury.

It is far more complicated than just the power of a hit, the brain can be rocked by a fall, in time women will report long term brain injury affects, but look how long it took for men to really start showing the signs. I think the women will take longer, but in the end it will happen.

My very last brain injury was from an elevator falling 3 stories with me in it, the sudden jolting stop cause my final shot, I have taken almost 3 years to learn to walk again and start to train again at the Dojo.

if true, im sorry to hear that man - hope all is well.

They tested Chyna (WWE wrestler) for CTE like 2 years ago.

No results came back so I assume she didn't have it. No CTE has been found in a female athlete, I think.

Anyone that spars can get CTE so, “women don’t have enough power,” logic is flawed. There are studies that show repeated subconcussive blows cause CTE just the same as vicious KO’s. They’re finding it in soccer players, some in high school with no diagnosed concussions. There are studies that say “heading” in soccer is linked with CTE. So far 99% of former NFL players tested postmortem have had CTE. It was good to hear El Cucuy say postfight that he doesn’t spar. I think that should be the future. Limit the damage to your brain to the actual fight.

I already stated that before you and you get the likes :(

Life just isnt fair sometimes

giphy.gif

Any reported cases yet?

Do we have enough data to determine the effects of combat sports on the female brain vs. the male brain?
From an article I just read on NPR.

“This summer, Burns published a study in the journal Glia that looked at mice with severe brain injuries. He says the brains of male mice showed a massive immune response within a day, but the female response was much slower — up to seven days.”

It’s a study of mice obviously but I’d still take it as bad news if I were female.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...g-the-gender-gap-when-it-comes-to-concussions

They tested Chyna (WWE wrestler) for CTE like 2 years ago.

No results came back so I assume she didn't have it. No CTE has been found in a female athlete, I think.

Do you just make shit up as you go or are you just full of shit?

Chyna DIED April 20th 2016........2 years ago.

Do you just make shit up as you go or are you just full of shit?

Chyna DIED April 20th 2016........2 years ago.
Yes after she passed away they tested her brain for cte.
Just like they did with Bob Probert.

Haven't women been getting hit in the head for thousands of years?

Nunes gave Cat brain damage before succumbing to Zingano's depression-zombie powers.

Cyborg probably also has the power to inflict it, but outside of those two I don't think anyone else does.

Last edited:
Back