Cub Swanson: ‘I felt Like I was Going To Die’

Cub is supposed to be a black belt in Judo and BJJ, yet he keeps getting subbed by guys like Edgar, Ortega and... MAX HOLLOGAY THE BLUE BELT...?!
Still, Cub is GOAT gatekeeper. Hespec.

hey buddeh, BJJ and BJJ in MMA are two different things.Defending a sub after being punched repeatly in the face is not the same as a regular BJJ fight. It's why guy like Jones (white belt att) can tap Machida or Belfort, 2 black belts.

Masters-Of-The-Universe-gif.gif

Cab "Driver" Swanson.
Show some respect shitbag.

That fight was the quintessential "he was winning until he lost" scenario. Cub was clearly outclassing Ortega on the feet. No shame in getting caught, especially the way Ortega threw on that sub so quickly. I don't think it should spell the end for any fighter. It's not like he just suffered 2 brutal knockouts in a row or something.

On the topic of "I felt like I was going to die" there's the fact that he had Ortega's entire weight pulling and crushing his neck. Nasty.

‘I felt Like I was Going To Die’

It's kind of a weird thing for someone highly experienced in BJJ to say.When you have been choked a thousand times you don't really think like that,you just slow everything down and stay calm till you go out or have to tap.Kind of a hard thing to explain but experienced people know what I mean.I just found it to be an odd thing to say.

If I had to guess, it was the crank. Probably felt like his neck was going to snap.

lol, i knew feeding the trolls would work.

Anyways, I was actually referring to the moment Ortega had Cub's neck. In that scenario, what would Conor do? Still think he would KO Ortega while his head is being squeezed off or would he just tap out in 3 seconds again? Thanks

lol if you seriously believe that ortega has anything for conor other than having his head clatter off the canvas you are the true troll.

as to what would conor do if he was caught in a tight choke? tap like everyone else. why would you even ask that dummy. got conor on your mind?

hey buddeh, BJJ and BJJ in MMA are two different things.Defending a sub after being punched repeatly in the face is not the same as a regular BJJ fight. It's why guy like Jones (white belt att) can tap Machida or Belfort, 2 black belts.
Well then why did Ortega catch him twice so easily...?

lol if you seriously believe that ortega has anything for conor other than having his head clatter off the canvas you are the true troll.

as to what would conor do if he was caught in a tight choke? tap like everyone else. why would you even ask that dummy. got conor on your mind?
i do actually

Gullutines are what many would call a basic move but man oh man does it hurt to have your neck, spine and windpipe crushed. Cub is a great fight but what can you do against a young stud like that.

So Ortega get the submission n win 100k it was beautiful I know but...

How the fuck did Francis a week earlier not get even 50k for knock of the night? His KO punch was spectacular !!

Refreshing read honest words instead ufc hype trash

Back