Cub Swanson: The ultimate gatekeeper.

He was winning until he lost. For real tho.
Missteps like Swanson's last night are what separate gatekeepers from champions. Max Holloway would never have exposed himself like that, especially after getting a second chance to compete by being saved by the bell in round one. Cub should have made the adjustment.

Funny to think people actually thought he deserved a title shot over Frankie Edgar.

might be a "gatekeeper" but he dont need to be worry with this girlfriend

Kenda+Perez+Kenda+Perez+Models+Bikinis+Palm+AvDorOG2HGbl.jpg

Cub should get his rematch with aldo now more than ever. Both nowhere near a title shot at the moment and cub has been wantimg that for years

Ortega is a past steroid user who is giant for the weight class.

We shouldn't give him flak for tapping. It's a part of the sport. You have to respect these guys for going in there and at some point when you're in that position, you're wise to acknowledge that you have no way out of the position and can not win.

With that said, a champion would have learned from being saved by the bell in the first round and been more aware of exposing his neck to a choke. Cub failed to do that, which is why he is more of a gatekeeper than a champion.

He's a great fighter, an exciting fighter, and a likable fighter. There is no reason to disparage him just because he has his flaws in the cage. Otherwise, we'd all be in there competing.

I agree, I think the mentality of preferring to go to sleep rather than tap is dumb but I just find it funny how Sherdoggers will only give certain fighters flak for it.

Missteps like Swanson's last night are what separate gatekeepers from champions. Max Holloway would never have exposed himself like that, especially after getting a second chance to compete by being saved by the bell in round one. Cub should have made the adjustment.
He's no less championship level then Ortega.

When he's on top of his game, he's good. He just needs no distractions so he can concentrate and perform without mistakes.

If Cub Swanson is on a card, I'll be more likely to order the PPV assuming the rest of the card is decent.

Meh Frankie's ok he had like multiple shots already why not let other dudes fight for the belt
Other dude couldn't even stop artem lobov and isn't a draw

Cub should not have fought Artem he was actually closer to a TS riding the wave of his win vs Doo that fight is IMO fight of the century canidate and he 100% deserved a TS off of it.

His win over Artem derailed that excitement completely.

Weird AF.

Franky deserves absolutely nothing as did Aldo.

Although now I would pay overs to see Cub and Aldo fight.

Mouth Watering fight.

Other dude couldn't even stop artem lobov and isn't a draw
frankie is'nt really a draw either...and Cub's been in a few better fights than
frankie . frankie is meh fighter

I really enjoy watching Cub fight. Gate keeper is fine for me as long as he continues to come prepared and put on a striking show like he does. I do like that he wins most of his fights so that he stays motivated to work hard on his performances.

Funny, how he himself believes that. In the promo to the fight, he said something similar, ''the last guy I let through became champ(Holloway)'' or something to that sort.

That’s true.
A lot of people constantly refer to anyone who isn’t a top contender as a gatekeeper.
Makes no sense.

Gatekeepers are there to keep the riffraff out of the UFC, not to keep the elite fighters out of the Top 10.

I've always felt there are two levels of gatekeeper in the UFC. The guy who measures who should and shouldn't be in the UFC, and the guy who measures who is and isn't elite. Swanson fits well int eh second category. Anyone who can beat him is title shot material, but Swanson himself is unlikely to ever get a title shot. Bisping is another good example of the that. Sure, he became champ, but it is noteworthy that he never actually earned a UFC title shot in his long career. He got his opportunity through a bit of scheduling luck.

Back